UAD Tuesday Deals are Back!

cclarry

1 hour ago, Grem said:

I picked up the Suhr PT100 in the last sale they had. With a coupon I got it for little over $50. Really one of the best sounding amp sims I have.  Brainworx did a nice job on it. 

just out of curiosity as  I also have UAD card, why would you opt for UAD vs. Native Version? I picked his up from plugin alliance native. (unless it wasn't available native at the time.)

22 minutes ago, Greg said:

just out of curiosity as  I also have UAD card, why would you opt for UAD vs. Native Version? I picked his up from plugin alliance native. (unless it wasn't available native at the time.)

2 reasons...

1.  It uses the UAD card CPU and frees up your computer CPU

2.  There is a definite sounds difference with the UAD versions (Better IMO)

Edited by cclarry
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, cclarry said:

2 reasons...

1.  It used the UAD card CPU and frees up your computer CPU

2.  There is a definite sounds difference with the UAD versions (Better IMO)

Exactly these two. And I will add a third.

3. Latency when playing. Now that I have the Apollo, I have been using it mostly to record with. I can hear my music, play along with it in perfect timing (or as close as I can!!). I have tried to go back playing through an "native" amp sim when recording my playing. It just ain't happening. No good groove. I never thought I could tell the difference, but I can. It's really, for me, all down to the feel. 

I do own quite a few amp sims that will be used in the mix for sure. But the sound of the UAD stuff is really hard to beat. That old Soft Tube Vintage Amp Room is pretty damn good IMHO.

Besides, I get to demo them before I buy. So every plugin I buy from UAD gets demo'd first. I have saved a bunch of money that way. This Suhr PT100 was one of the last things I really wanted. I was just waiting for a good sale. It came, I got!

Kinda want that Marshall 2203 also. But I haven't seen a sale on it like the PT100.

• Like 1