Soniccouture "The Attic 2"

Vernon Barnes

I rather like this

http://www.soniccouture.com/en/products/27-electronica/g47-the-attic-2/

If you have any of the earlier Attic products you may be entitled to a discount, I got it for €59 and also got two of their exclusive freebees.

There is a massive amount of content here, many of the synths have a lot of tweak-ability. As a Komplet Kontrol user the NKS compatibility is a big bonus. The encoder assignments and labeling on my S61 keyboard are very well thought out too! 

Hi Glyn

I've got Attic 1 and had it for years it seems - would you know if they have updated the instruments from version 1 as well, or is it just more instruments.

Think its going to cost me $69, which is not a bad deal. BUT do I really need it😂

Cheers

Nigel

3 hours ago, Bajan Blue said:

Hi Glyn

I've got Attic 1 and had it for years it seems - would you know if they have updated the instruments from version 1 as well, or is it just more instruments.

Think its going to cost me $69, which is not a bad deal. BUT do I really need it😂

Cheers

Nigel

I did not have Attic 1, just some of the individual instruments so I got a significant lot more.  From what I  can compare, like the Omnichord the changes seem to relate mostly to NKS compatibility and working in Kontakt player.  

You would need to compare the instrument list to see whats been added.

I would say this makes a good companion to something like IK's Syntronic or Arturia's V Collection, adding the more unusual vintage synths and keyboards.

Edited by Glyn Barnes

4 hours ago, Bajan Blue said:

Hi Glyn

Cheers

Nigel

Same position here and to tell the truth i didnt used this a lot , same for omnichord and geosonics , great instruments to vibe with but in a real production scenario , meh ...

anyway for attic 2 , you ll get 6 or 7 new instruments., so also new lresets and nks ( like it is right now already ) , if you get it tell us ;) 

Half of these are string machines.  I'm covered there.

The main selling point of the Crumar piano seems to be that it was used on a Radiohead song.   

That leaves the Minitmoog, Cheetah, and Farfisa.  I just don't that those three are worth it.