Mntra MNDLA Updated to 1.8.0

cclarry

2 hours ago, balinas said:

I also had to rollback to 1.7.12 as 1.8 was terribly unstable on my system on Cubase and Studio one 5. The developer had written back to my inquiries.  

I haven’t tried jumping forward again. Not my move on the checker board yet. 

1.7.12 is the current release on the website...

MNDALA 1.7.12.PNG

Edited by abacab

I’ve said this already, but I feel so bad about this company.  I really like their products.  I like the fun UI and the sounds. The prices are good during the frequent sales.  I am completely puzzled why they would decide to build their own engine instead of go Kontakt or some other pre-existing technology.  If you’re ujam or a company like that, you have millions of dollars and a large staff,  so you can do it—but the impression I have of them is that they are just a few people.  They made it so damned hard for themselves. Clearly they made it work for themselves on their own computers, but when they rolled it out to the wide world, there are a lot of musicians with a lot of different setups.  

But I’ll keep following threads like this to see if they ever get their act together. 

56 minutes ago, Reid Rosefelt said:

I am completely puzzled why they would decide to build their own engine instead of go Kontakt or some other pre-existing technology.  If you’re ujam or a company like that, you have millions of dollars and a large staff,  so you can do it—but the impression I have of them is that they are just a few people.  They made it so damned hard for themselves.

In general I agree that more engines are not really necessary, unless you cannot do what you need to with a mainstream engine like Kontakt. For example, I'm not crazy about the Spitfire Audio Player, and not sure that was really necessary. Plus you have to load an instance on each track.

I see a parallel with Soundpaint and MNDALA. Soundpaint was created to enable a new way of handling velocity and morphing, which obviously needed an engine written from the ground up.

This description of the MNDALA technology is a bit more mysterious, but it sounds like Mntra are also attempting to break some new ground...

"Developed over the course of two years, MNDALA is custom coded to use our extreme quality ultrasonic recorded samples at 32bit/384Khz and play at industry-leading 24bit/96Khz within all VST/AU compatible DAW's, allowing for seamless extreme pitching and manipulation of sound while retaining a resolution never before available in this form.

As the first-ever ultrasonic capable sound design engine in existence, MNDALA opens up realms of sound and possibilities that one could only imagine until very recently, prepare to be surprised and delighted by the sounds and creative possibilities you will encounter within our Sound Sculpture Instruments."

They are a small company, so we will just have to wait and see how things work out. Their stuff does sound good, and it seems to have a loyal following on VI-Control.

Edited by abacab