Waves Flash Sale - Vocal Production

cclarry

Saw the email from Waves offering it at $99, I thought, hmm $6ish per plugin is a good way to get some things that might get me closer to Mercury later on at a low price

Looked at the 13 new plugins it told me it would add to my account. Hang on - don't I already own Waves Tune LT? And SuperTap? And Vocal Rider? I'd better check. Turns out, of the 15 plugins in the bundle, I own all but six. Yet the discounted upgrade price I am offered was only $87.32 which ends up being $14.55 per plugin! 

I contacted sales to see what they have to say, and whether they'll offer an upgrade based on what I actually have already.  

1 minute ago, Craig N said:

Saw the email from Waves offering it at $99, I thought, hmm $6ish per plugin is a good way to get some things that might get me closer to Mercury later on at a low price

Looked at the 13 new plugins it told me it would add to my account. Hang on - don't I already own Waves Tune LT? And SuperTap? And Vocal Rider? I'd better check. Turns out, of the 15 plugins in the bundle, I own all but six. Yet the discounted upgrade price I am offered was only $87.32 which ends up being $14.55 per plugin! 

I contacted sales to see what they have to say, and whether they'll offer an upgrade based on what I actually have already.  

The YNY23 code will knock another 10% off of that

5 minutes ago, Craig N said:

They don’t. Plugins part of a bundle don’t count. My upgrade to Mercury includes many plugins I already own in bundles. Always held off because of the inflated price I receive as an upgrade offer.

Edited by Yan Filiatrault
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Yan Filiatrault said:

They don’t. Plugins part of a bundle don’t count. My upgrade to Mercury includes many plugins I already own in bundles. Always held off because of the inflated price I receive as an upgrade offer.

I suspected that must be the case. Be interesting to see how their sales team spins it. My expectations are tempered 🙂

I'm glad I've learned this now, as I was recently thinking about picking up the JJP bundle, assuming it would offer a further discount when the time comes to upgrade to Mercury.