[SOLVED] Major freezing/hanging issues with an interesting cause and no obvious solution. Any ideas?

Hi everyone having issues with cakewalk just freezing or getting glitching after Gaining a batch of files using the process gain button at the top. These where issues I was having it was driving me nuts I think I have a legitimate answer to this problem it worked for me. After reading this forum I started with removing my Nvidia Graphic's card and all of its drivers with no such luck. So I went into my Bios and turned off all Turbo Stepping anything that has todo with overclocking your CPU DAWs hate that apparently and No more problems hanging Glitching and cakewalk is alittle smoother. This worked for me and wanted to share it with you hope it helps Thanks 

1 hour ago, Josh831 said:

So I went into my Bios and turned off all Turbo Stepping anything that has todo with overclocking your CPU

This worked for me when I did this a while back too....  Disabled C-States and Intel Speedstep. 

This got rid of the odd click and pop I was having.

If problem presets disable your Antivirus that also fixed freezing issues for me I’m using Avast I put it in Silent mode when I’m Mixing or disabled I can only assume with all the plugins needing internet signal sometimes conflicts can happen between DAW and antivirus