Getting "File Not Found

Terry Kelley

Question

I'm get a window that says "Cakewalk.exe File not found."

Is there any way to determine what file that is? I am on the newest EA 025 but I am not sure it's related. I will rollback and see if it reappears. I've gotten it a couple of times and suspect it's related to AudioSnap when I try to save as a bundle and it warns that snaps will be lost if I continue on my evil way.

5 answers to this question

1 hour ago, Terry Kelley said:

I'm get a window that says "Cakewalk.exe File not found."

Is there any way to determine what file that is? I am on the newest EA 025 but I am not sure it's related. I will rollback and see if it reappears. I've gotten it a couple of times and suspect it's related to AudioSnap when I try to save as a bundle and it warns that snaps will be lost if I continue on my evil way.

What do you do that causes your "Cakewalk.exe File not found." error to appear.

On a standard Cakewalk by Bandlab installation “Cakewalk.exe” exists in the “C:\Program Files\Cakewalk\Cakewalk Core”folder.

This is the file that is executed when Cakewalk by Bandlab runs.

This file should be placed there along with the folder upon a successful installation of Cakewalk by Bandlab

Did your installation complete successfully?

This popup is saying that Cakewalk.Exe can't find a file. I am asking if there is a way to figure out what file it's looking for.

But it appears to be related to saving a bundle after using AudioSnap but I can't nail down the trigger. I looked for error files and didn't find anything so I figured I'd ask. Maybe it's looking for a clip?

Everything seems to work though. CbB continues on as if nothing is wrong. I'll spend some time on it today. I was thinking maybe the developers might know when a vague message like that is generated. Like error "Oh Shit#2" in Spice. ;)

Edited by Terry Kelley