How To Revert Midi Controller Settings in Piano Roll

alan933

Question

I figured out how to change volume and velocity in a track using this but what I am noticing is that if I delete the controller added, the effect stays there , it doesn't go away.

Even when I close the project without saving and re-open , the effect is still there. 

Below it shows a volume decrease every 4 beats but if I delete that yellow controller edit for volume, it still goes down as if its still there. Why?

image.png.08e0ad0d3c5513435fde27858d57b56b.png

Edited by alan933
removed my dumb statement.

6 answers to this question

13 hours ago, John Vere said:

If you just delete the lane the data is still there you need to delete the data. 

Thanks but I'm needing a definition or location for the "data" you mentioned.

I thought the data was contained in a software object indicated by the yellow "volume" control label.

Clicking the Name " - " button only hides the lane. As mentioned, CC's have to be physically deleted/removed for the lane to be also.

1. If there's data, there's lane.

2. No data = no lane.

3. You can create new lane w/o data, but saving & closing project w/o data will remove lane upon reopening.

4. Only ways I know to select CC data separate from notes in PRV is by click-dragging mouse. Ctrl+A does not work in CC lane. :S

>>>FR: Select all CC data by Shift+clicking the Edit Filter "G" (controller name box).<<<

426950756_editfilter.JPG.4a8f6462e0d971d3147ff485d1485ed9.JPG

Edited by sjoens