Steinberg Library Manager Updated

cclarry

Wow, and for the first time ever one of my three SB plugins now shows up under the "My products download" tab i.e. WaveLab!  Absolute 4 and SpectralLayers Pro 8 do not show.

Correct me if I'm wrong or haven't done something to make this work but this has been just a glaring shortcoming of this app IMHO.

Edited by Fwrend

17 minutes ago, Fwrend said:

Wow, and for the first time ever one of my three SB plugins now shows up under the "My products download" tab i.e. WaveLab!  Absolute 4 and SpectralLayers Pro 8 do not show.

Correct me if I'm wrong or haven't done something to make this work but this has been just a glaring shortcoming of this app IMHO.

it's fairly random :)

there's a version history here

https://download.steinberg.net/downloads_additional_content/Steinberg_Library_Manager/SLM_Version_History.pdf

one of the features recently added was:

"There is a new information line on the right
side of the Search/Sort bar, that shows the
total number and size of all installed libraries in
a category"

I've never seen that part work either ?

I've spoken to SB about the library manager - quite a while back now.  They really don't seem to see any problems with it at all - I have (gently) pointed out how some other companies do it so very much better.  They didn't agree :) .  They were very proud of it.

I tend to avoid it as it doesn't really tell you anything useful and it's a bit klunky to use (IMO!)  Unfortunately you need to use it now that SB issue 'download codes' instead of 'licence codes'

I'm sure it will improve as they slowly move over to the new licencing model.

• Like 1