Melodyne 5 assistant, no output?

JenGrant

Hello all, long time Sonar and Cakewalk user, now on CbB, using Melodyne 5 Assistant, I exclusively use it as a region FX.

Large project, near completion... and I have "bounced" vocals to clips as I have done for ages. Everything sounds great.

Before I bounced to clips, I duplicated and archived the vocal tracks, also I duplicated and froze them too (because I figured I'd be redundant). Just out of curiosity, I went back and un-archived a vocal track to make sure the melodyne region FX was still viable. It shows the audio, the blobs are there and they show my corrections so the data exists. But, no output from SOME of the clips in this track. No meter activity, etc. However, if I "bypass region FX" on the clip in cakewalk, I can hear the original audio there. So, the original audio is being referenced properly, and the melodyne data is there because I can see it and change it, but there is nothing playing. Other clips in the same track are functional with melodyne.

Edit: I should add, if I click the "compare" button in melodyne, which usually just acts like a bypass, I still get nothing. So only the "bypass" from the cakewalk level seems to work. Meaning, to me, that the issue is within melodyne. Audio being fed in, data being shown, but nothing coming back out. I tried "remove region FX", and yes it goes back to the original audio and plays fine, and then an "undo" brought back melodyne and my edits but it was still silent.

Again, I have bounced them already, but this shouldn't STILL be an issue after so many years... even V-Vocal used to do this kind of thing. Suggestions how to bring the clip back to life? Or do I just have to go to a previous rev of the project and grab it from there if I need it?

Thanks

JenGrant

Edited by JenGrant

Hello. Input echo is for monitoring performances echoed back through the DAW. Does Input Echo do something to melodyne now? Is this a bug?

I feel strongly that you did not read my original post.

Edited by JenGrant

17 hours ago, JenGrant said:

Hello. Input echo is for monitoring performances echoed back through the DAW. Does Input Echo do something to melodyne now? Is this a bug?

I feel strongly that you did not read my original post.

Hi Jen,

Sorry, I have no idea why you are not getting playback for some Melodyne clips.  I just took a "stab" hoping it might trigger something. 

Kind regards,

tecknot

Do your vocal tracks have any extra take lanes left over from comping? I remember something like this happening when a clip got muted somehow. I had to open up the take lanes and manually unmute.

Edit: Please ignore. My case was different from what you're seeing.

Edited by henkejs
Rethinking my reply.