multitrack waveform display

John Bradley

Anyone know of a plugin that will let you view the waveforms of multiple tracks simultaneously - live VST synths, not frozen - for the purpose of synchronization? (Like, a kick drum and a kick sample.)

I tried Melda's MultiAnalyzer, and it came darned close to what I wanted. Plunk an instance on each track or bus, and all of them talk to each other behind the scenes. But after capturing some multitrack audio on its oscilloscope there is no way to zoom in on it, nor a way to measure the delta in milliseconds between the various peaks. Unlike a real oscilloscope.

I use Melodyne Studio for this. Activate Melodyne on each track and on the left side of the screen you can enable the display of any track it's on in the background. The current track you are working on is in color, the ones in the background are grey. If you want to enable one of the grey tracks just double click on the grey blob. I have all 'Snap to' settings off in Melodyne when doing this otherwise it can drive you crazy.

It's not exactly what you are looking for but this is how I do it and it works really well for me so I thought I'd mention it.

Edit: I just realized I read your post wrong and you said "live" not "like".  So this wouldn't work. But again, this is how I do it with audio tracks.

Edited by Shane_B.