Why and How?

Matthew White

So, in a few custom Themes I've noticed the item named 'Clip Icon AudioSnap' has been replaced with a Mute button, what would the reason be for that? I have no experience with AudioSnap.  Also, how is that possible as that Icon is a different size to the original so it wouldn't let the user import one anyway yet it has been done? 🤔

Huh.png

Just a guess: as the Theme Editor only allows correctly sized images to be imported into an image slot, maybe someone has been playing around with some external resource editor? It’s hard to believe though that any incorrectly sized image would not be either distorted or cropped when rendered in CbB, so I can’t really see the point in doing that.

• Like 1

Seems that whomever handles the Theme Editor at BandLab has changed the item size so there is no way to import the correct item in that slot.  This is definitely an error and should be brought to the Bakers' attention.  I can't remember who created the Theme Editor, but I hope he drops in once in a while.

Kind regards,

tecknot

Edited by tecknot

7 hours ago, tecknot said:

Seems that whomever handles the Theme Editor at BandLab has changed the item size so there is no way to import the correct item in that slot.  This is definitely an error and should be brought to the Bakers' attention.  I can't remember who created the Theme Editor, but I hope he drops in once in a while.

Kind regards,

tecknot

I don't think it's an error, at least not one related to the editor itself, just something I've noticed in some themes others have made.

It's certainly a bug.  If you were to create a new theme from either Mercury or Tungsen you would see that there is no Mute button in that spot.  Checking against not just the size but the original item that should fit in that spot is a totally different set of button states (and nothing like the Mute button).  It's a strange anomaly but probably happened with an update to the Theme Editor (just a guess).

Kind regards,

tecknot

• Like 1

Yep, I understand it's not usually a mute button and nothing like it, which is what triggered my curiosity. I've just realized one thing that may possibly be connected, that is any themes I'm seeing that in were probably made when Cakewalk was Sonar, I'm thinking then maybe it was an error from long ago which was fixed but would still be present in themes made during that time and obviously can't be changed in those themes now due to the size difference. 😃

• Like 1

Hey guys...

1. Both default Mercury & Tungsten themes have the correct image.

2. Any modified images like the one in question were done by the theme's author and have nothing to do with Theme Editor or BandlLab.

3. It's easy to revert an image back to it's original state by right-clicking and selecting "Remove".

and

4. Yes you can resize an image! But not through "Import".

Steps to resize an image:

1. Set up a photo editing program in Theme Editor's Setup Wizard.

2. Double click an image. A window will open in TE and the image will automatically open in the photo editor.

3. Change the image size and save it.

4. In Theme Editor, click OK. You can click "Refresh" 1st to see the changes.

Your image is now the new size. Check image "Properties" window in the lower right hand corner of TE to verify.

Resized images won't be distorted in Cakewalk but there are limitations. Some are constrained to a certain area and won't display beyond those dimensions. Some will overlap another image when made bigger. Others will push neighboring images over to allow the bigger size.

Edited by sjoens
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1