Rigid Audio Drum One FREE for Newsletter Subscribers

cclarry

This has some pretty good sounds in it, but...

1.  The basic drum sounds are mapped an octave higher than where you would expect them to be, according to the GM standard.  In the octave where you would expect to see the drum sounds they have a feature that lets you play pitched and repeating versions of any drum piece.  It's a cool feature, but I think they should have mapped the drum sounds according to GM and put the auto flam sounds higher up on the keyboard.

Now I know that you can set the input key on the track, but it seems that when you audition midi loops from the browser, this is ignored.  If you trigger the same loop from the Matrix or the track, it works ok though.  I'll have to take this upstairs.

2.   Certain keys have an auto-flam feature on them. For example, F# is a hi-hat, and G# is the same hi-hat with the auto-flam applied.  If you are trying to audition drum loops, this can be an annoyance because you might expect to be hearing a single note but get a bunch of repeated notes.  Yes, you could get around this with a drum map, but I don't really want to set up a mapping just to get a library to work the way it should have in the first place.

3.  The time of the auto flam feature is dependent on velocity.   For example if you hit it at one velocity, it will repeat at 16th notes.  A little harder, and the note repeats at 16th note intervals.  I don't find that particularly practical.