Baby Audio TAIP AI-Powered Tape Plugin

cclarry

On 11/4/2021 at 4:45 AM, locrian said:

I'm considering getting TAIP having watched the video below.  Has anyone here used this plugin?  If so, what do you think?

I was only fooling around with it for a short while so far. With it's heavy saturation and wear effects it's certainly great if you're into lofi styles, very useful for corrupting a perfect recording. But if you're after the recorded-into-tape sound without an apparent sound degradation you might want to look elsewhere, I bought tapeface for that, or use the excellent IKM Tape Machine a vst plugin you actually can't use... for mixing purposes 😆 (when I'm not under pressure of time with a project, I can check with the Tape Machines, typically the 99 on a rendered instrument tracks, to take the guessing out of equation, LOL!). I'm not trying to say you can't go subtle with TAIP but to me it seems that it's mostly about giving some wobble and crunch to your tracks. Maybe they'll come up with a more refined sound (less aliasing) in v2 one day. Quite interesting concept with using AI though.

• Thanks 2