Account Access lost - no way to reach support...

Julian Bründl

Question

Hi,

over half a year ago I acquired a new mail address. I changed the mail address within my cakewalk account and have never received a verification mail as stated on the homepage. I got a new Mac for music production and I'm not able to install any cakewalk product at all since then.. On the cakewalk homepage there is no way to create a new account - this feature is disabled since. I've got no clue how to access my purchased software as of now. What am I now supposed to do?

Kind Regards,

Julian

Edited by Julian Bründl
Gramma Error

10 answers to this question

1. The Cakewalk company ceased to exist 4 years ago.

2. Their program SONAR was bought by the company BandLab and was successfully relaunched as Cakewalk (by BandLab). Cakewalk runs on Windows only.

3. If you had other software from the Cakewalk company, try contacting BandLab's support desk. BandLab has kept Cakewalk's old licensing server running as a courtesy for the former customers of Cakewalk, Inc. and they may be able to help you recover your account.

Good luck.

• Like 1

And you didn’t make backups of all your goodies?  
All of your Old Sonar effects are individual programs with serials etc. Most can be used with out the server if you made copies and wrote down the numbers. 
Some of the companies like Overloud were nice enough to give us codes if you sent a screenshot of your Sonar serial number. 
The only thing you actually need the server for is to install Sonar itself which you actually don’t need if you don’t use those included effects 
Anyhow when you get your account working again. Back it up. 

Edited by John Vere

I think this is a critical piece of information:

14 hours ago, Julian Bründl said:

I got a new Mac for music production

So unless the OP had licenses for the handful of Cakewalk, Inc. plug-ins that were Mac compatible (the LP EQ's and CA/2A, I believe), they're going to have a rough time of it to say the least. Who knows if that stuff will even run on Apple silicon.

Ya I noticed that too. 
But is not  VST a Steinberg invention ?! and Steinberg is more Mac than it is PC. 
I assumed they must be running Cakewalk under Bootcamp or one of the unfortunate people who tried the famous Mac version of Sonar  

Edited by John Vere

16 hours ago, Julian Bründl said:

Hi,

over half a year ago I acquired a new mail address. I changed the mail address within my cakewalk account and have never received a verification mail as stated on the homepage. I got a new Mac for music production and I'm not able to install any cakewalk product at all since then.. On the cakewalk homepage there is no way to create a new account - this feature is disabled since. I've got no clue how to access my purchased software as of now. What am I now supposed to do?

Kind Regards,

Julian

Doesn't matter anyway b/c CW has always been Windows only.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, bdickens said:

Not true

Cakewalk primarily produced products for Windows but they did make and sell a few Mac products.

Here is a kb article about some of them http://www.cakewalk.com/Support/Knowledge-Base/2007013380/Cakewalk-Mac-OS-X-Yosemite-Compatibility

The L-Phase plug-ins were available for Macs too.

On 10/16/2021 at 1:20 PM, Starship Krupa said:

1. The Cakewalk company ceased to exist 4 years ago.

2. Their program SONAR was bought by the company BandLab and was successfully relaunched as Cakewalk (by BandLab). Cakewalk runs on Windows only.

3. If you had other software from the Cakewalk company, try contacting BandLab's support desk. BandLab has kept Cakewalk's old licensing server running as a courtesy for the former customers of Cakewalk, Inc. and they may be able to help you recover your account.

Good luck.

Ohh no what a bummer. Thanks for those information though! I'll get in contact with BandLab then I guess. I've already read about potential issues running the VST on a Mac. I mainly used Rapture Pro from Cakewalk and this was disclaimed to be able to run on Mac OS X - but I haven't found out if this Software will run on Apple Silicon.

On 10/17/2021 at 3:16 AM, Starship Krupa said:

I think this is a critical piece of information:

So unless the OP had licenses for the handful of Cakewalk, Inc. plug-ins that were Mac compatible (the LP EQ's and CA/2A, I believe), they're going to have a rough time of it to say the least. Who knows if that stuff will even run on Apple silicon.

I've mainly bought Rapture Pro and used that one the most from Cakewalk. Besides this I had a EQ and a Compressor - But I'm not sure which one I've had.

On 10/17/2021 at 5:14 AM, bdickens said:

Ohh ok I didn't knew that. But I bought my VST initially for Windows. 

2 hours ago, Julian Bründl said:

Ohh no what a bummer. Thanks for those information though! I'll get in contact with BandLab then I guess.

Well, for most of us it's about the opposite of a bummer. Cakewalk is a better DAW now than it has ever been. And free to use.

2 hours ago, Julian Bründl said:

I've mainly bought Rapture Pro and used that one the most from Cakewalk. Besides this I had a EQ and a Compressor - But I'm not sure which one I've had.

Those might be the LP-EQ and multi-band compressor, both of which were sold separately from SONAR (although included in the Platinum bundle). They were/are Mac compatible, as far as I know. There is that matter of the Apple M1 processor, which if your system is brand new, it doubtlessly has.

I think Rapture Pro may have also been available for Mac, but not as sure.

Whatever, if you had valid licenses for the LP EQ and Multiband Compressor and can demonstrate proof, BandLab may well be able to recover your licenses.

On 10/21/2021 at 3:16 PM, Starship Krupa said:

Well, for most of us it's about the opposite of a bummer. Cakewalk is a better DAW now than it has ever been. And free to use.

Those might be the LP-EQ and multi-band compressor, both of which were sold separately from SONAR (although included in the Platinum bundle). They were/are Mac compatible, as far as I know. There is that matter of the Apple M1 processor, which if your system is brand new, it doubtlessly has.

I think Rapture Pro may have also been available for Mac, but not as sure.

Whatever, if you had valid licenses for the LP EQ and Multiband Compressor and can demonstrate proof, BandLab may well be able to recover your licenses.

Well I'm glad to hear that Cakewalk has been improved so much for you! I'm not sure when I bought Rapture Pro and the other VSTs to be honest. Unfortunately I wasn't able to notice the fact that Cakewalk ceased to exist. This is entirely my fault though! I've opened a support ticket via the link you kindly shared and I got my account reactivated. I directly offered them some account information and the support noticed that the confirmation mail hasn't been sent and fixed the issue directly. 

My MacBook has the M1 processor built in. Therefor I'll be going to give it a try on my system.

• Like 1