What happened to my audio clip?

DallasSteve

Question

I was recording some vocals with a microphone.  A couple of clips got muted.  I don't know how that happened.  Maybe I accidentally clicked something.  I outlined the problem clips in red below.  So I un-muted the clips, but they are still silent and they appear different than the other audio clips.  What does that mean and how can I fix them?

Cakewalk1.jpg

6 answers to this question

The dotted outline on the waveform indicates that specific portion has been muted with the mute tool. To unmute, use the mute tool and drag in the lower part of the muted part. See details in the manual below. (Maybe the PDF manual is more up to date, but I think the online version below should be accurate.)

Mute tool
https://www.cakewalk.com/Documentation?product=Cakewalk&language=3&help=Tools.16.html

All the best! 😀

Probably some background process taking the focus away from the audio interface.

Cakewalk knows that there should be sound there and outlines it but the audio interface can't fill it with sound. Until the background process is finished and lets the audio interface take control again.