8DIO Majestica 2.0 Upgrade

cclarry

I have to say this is pretty sad.  The price for Majestica 1 was $398...
so now the upgrade is the same price as the product?

So basically ANYONE can buy it for the same price as anyone who owns it?

Bad show 8DIO!  Bad show!

Still I may bite on this for $179--although I'm using Abby Road and BBC orchestras by Spitfire, this is an impressive product, plus I'd get the Ostinato Strings for free. Any thoughts on whether this orchestra would supplement/complement or duplicate my BBC Core and Abbey Road One collection, before I plunk down my hard-earned $$$? Thanks.

6 minutes ago, cclarry said:

I have to say this is pretty sad.  The price for Majestica 1 was $398...
so now the upgrade is the same price as the product?

So basically ANYONE can buy it for the same price as anyone who owns it?

Bad show 8DIO!  Bad show!

I’m pretty sure 8Dio will send an upgrade code to those having version 1. They said they would charge a small fee to cover server costs. In the past, my upgrades were always pretty low (28$ or less).

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Dave Maffris said:

Still I may bite on this for $179--although I'm using Abby Road and BBC orchestras by Spitfire, this is an impressive product, plus I'd get the Ostinato Strings for free. Any thoughts on whether this orchestra would supplement/complement or duplicate my BBC Core and Abbey Road One collection, before I plunk down my hard-earned $$$? Thanks.

I have the original version and it's quite useable...and at $179 I'd say it's a pretty good deal-
especially with the freebie....

Just now, cclarry said:

I have the original version and it's quite useable...and at $179 I'd say it's a pretty good deal-
especially with the freebie....

Do you own the Abby Road or BBC Core like I do, and how do they compare/contrast, if I may ask? Thanks as always...

Just now, Dave Maffris said:

Do you own the Abby Road or BBC Core like I do, and how do they compare/contrast, if I may ask? Thanks as always...

I only have BBC Discover...which sounds pretty amazing for it's minute size...I would have liked to have
gotten Abbey Road One during the sale...but the duckets were'nt having it...LOL
As always, it's apples to oranges - all about preference.  Check out some of the Majestica videos
on YouTube and that will give you a much better idea...

2 minutes ago, cclarry said:

I only have BBC Discover...which sounds pretty amazing for it's minute size...I would have liked to have
gotten Abbey Road One during the sale...but the duckets were'nt having it...LOL
As always, it's apples to oranges - all about preference.  Check out some of the Majestica videos
on YouTube and that will give you a much better idea...

will do. Sometimes it's good to have choices, other times...too many, lol. 

• Great Idea 1

5 minutes ago, Yan Filiatrault said:

I’m pretty sure 8Dio will send an upgrade code to those having version 1. They said they would charge a small fee to cover server costs. In the past, my upgrades were always pretty low (28$ or less).

It would be "Customer Friendly" had the notified us owners of it coming out, with the offer, before it
was made available everywhere...but that would require forethought...which is in pretty short supply
lately

Just now, Yan Filiatrault said:

I just read on another forum that the upgrade price is 20$. Someone talked with 8Dio support and they will send emails with a discount code.

May I ask how you rate this library, I am starting to use more of 8DIO's products lately and like them. However I do have two other orchestral libraries that are very good, Spitfire's Abby Road One and BBC Orchestra Core. I would love to get this and the price is right, but don't know if it will supplement or duplicate what I already am using extensively. 

Dave, if you are a V8P Member, Majestica gets you $600 off the V8P 8W Black Edition Orchestra, which
Is 8DIO's top of the line Orchestra that sells for $998...so may want to consider that also...

Edited by cclarry