Select way too sensitive, can I turn it off?

Squonk2

Question

New to Cakewalk by Bandlab, but long time Sonar user.  Seems I'm triggering the select module way too often, whenever I move my cursor across the timeline if there's even the slightest touch on my mouse it selects a section.  Getting to the point where I'm deleting green section markers every 5 minutes.  Is there a way to turn this off or a short cut to delete the markers?  It's a bitch to have to go to the module each time and click off each start and end point, but doesn't seem to be any right click shortcut.  Appreciate any tips, thanks. 

3 answers to this question

3 hours ago, Jordan Cooperman said:

New to Cakewalk by Bandlab, but long time Sonar user.  Seems I'm triggering the select module way too often, whenever I move my cursor across the timeline if there's even the slightest touch on my mouse it selects a section.  Getting to the point where I'm deleting green section markers every 5 minutes.  Is there a way to turn this off or a short cut to delete the markers?  It's a bitch to have to go to the module each time and click off each start and end point, but doesn't seem to be any right click shortcut. 

Sounds like your mouse might need replacing.  

Or maybe see if changing some settings in mouse properties might help  Start + Run (or Winkey + “R”) > main.cpl

As regards deleting the markers, this would have the net effect of deselecting everything.   If you’re ok with this, then you could keybind a single key press to “Select None”.  Personally, I have actually set “Q” as a key binding for this.

Left click and drag in the timeline usually creates the selection. A single left click should place the now time.

Maybe your mouse has a hair trigger on the left click button? - or it sticks?  And keypad number 5 should clear any timeline selection.

On 6/5/2021 at 8:22 PM, Jordan Cooperman said:

Is there a way to turn this off or a short cut to delete the markers?  

By default: Left click on the mouse while hovering over the marker and holding the button in - press delete. 

By default "Q" is for quantization. Cakewalk has it own shortcut keybinding options by default for decades now like many other DAWs. We just need to learn them overtime. 

• Great Idea 1