"Track Playback Meters"

Astraios

9 hours ago, User 905133 said:

Question: If you (1) set up Screenshots 1, 2, and 3 (with horizontal meters, vertical meters, and no playback meters, respectively), (2) use floating/undocked windows, and then (3) move around and resize windows when you are in Screenshot 1 (for example), when you switch to Screenshot 2 and/or 3 do the previously saved positions and sizes revert to the way those Screenshots were saved, or do they inherit the locations and sizes from Screenshot 1?

When I last tried it (a few days ago), the Control Bar's position and size persisted, but the floating/undocked windows reverted to the previously last used sizes and locations.  I know from experience the way my PC works is different from what others experience. Not sure if there is a setting that would affect this on different PCs, if it depends on graphics chips, etc. 

UPDATE: To make sure this didn't change (Win 10 v. 2004 update finished approx . 3-4 hours ago), I retested.  As before the update on my PC, after being moved/resized the Control Bar's location/size persisted through different screen sets but the various floating/undocked windows didn't.

Also, in duplicating a screenset, the floating Inspector window disappeared each time and had to be re-opened for the benefit of the new screenset. 

As with other things, I assume that not everyone's Cakewalk will exhibit these properties. As we all know, what works for one person (and I don't mean just in terms of workflow/preferences) won't necessarily work on someone else's PC. 

No. They all work independently.

The best you can do is  to get one set up exactly like you want it, then use "Duplicate Screenset To" and make the changes to your meters on the duplicates

On 5/29/2021 at 4:38 PM, Bristol_Jonesey said:

No. They all work independently.

The best you can do is  to get one set up exactly like you want it, then use "Duplicate Screenset To" and make the changes to your meters on the duplicates

Thanks for the confirmation.