East West Memorial Day Sale

cclarry

4 hours ago, Matthew Sorrels said:

So I picked up one of the Play libraries I still wanted (Voices of Passion) from Audio Deluxe.  Got the code to register it but don't see any sign of the free Opus license.  Perhaps that doesn't apply when buying from a re-seller?

Got that one too. Actually the only vocal lib from EW I have. But no Opus yet. 

2 hours ago, Matthew Sorrels said:

Their support emailed me back and my Opus license was added to my iLok account.  Not sure if it would have happened without opening the ticket or not.

I would have thought that it would come with the license of the product you purchased, so that's kind of weird.
I did look on their site for details, but couldn't find any....

So I played with it for a bit, though I couldn't load any of the HO Diamond instruments.  The UI is slightly nicer (but the instruments own UI are the same) and resizable.  But the engine part doesn't appear to be any better at handling the very difficult balance between loading everything into ram and streaming from disc.  Something other samplers seem to be much better at than EW.  Play 4 didn't have problems but starting with Play 5 it's mostly been a "oh sorry I'm cutting that note off and not playing the release sample".  Opus doesn't seem any better in that regard, at least not with older libraries I tried.

This did let me kick the tires though and unless they reprice the HO Diamond Opus upgrade to something in the sub $250 range I don't see me ever bothering to upgrade.  The technical chops just aren't there.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1