Bandlab Assistant Updated to 8.0 Beta 6

cclarry

7 hours ago, paulo said:

Weird that they seem to be putting so much effort into this now when Noel has already said that they are about to bin it.

I hope that they don't remove it ☹️, because I need it for offline autorisation and I do not intend to upgrade to newer versions of CbB anymore! Okay, as a last resort I could use Sonar Platinum if they do! 😄

Edited by marled

1 minute ago, marled said:

I hope that they don't remove it ☹️, because I need it for offline autorisation and I do not want to upgrade to newer versions of CbB anymore! Okay, as a last resort I could use Sonar Platinum if they do! 😄

He said yesterday that CW is going to have it's own standalone installer and BA will be deprecated "soon".

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, paulo said:

He said yesterday that CW is going to have it's own standalone installer and BA will be deprecated "soon".

If it goes that way, then I maybe switching back to use Splat (as soon as the 6 month period is reached).

But on the other hand I am anyway learning Reaper now! It has some great functions that I was missing (e.g. time stretching with natural pitch change, like tape recorders) and its footprint is sooo small. With the portable installation  (even on an USB) it is so easy to install it on all my computers ... (without online quirk).

Surely there are also some minor things I am missing.

12 hours ago, marled said:

If it goes that way, then I maybe switching back to use Splat (as soon as the 6 month period is reached).

Given that they've only just re-introduced an offline authorisation method, I doubt that they are about to remove that facility again. They must have been getting enough customer feedback requesting it to make them bring it back. Hopefully it will something along the lines of a revamped CCC which gave the best of both worlds. 

That said, my DAW pc is offline, but it really isn't that big a deal to connect up for about 3 seconds every 6 months. I haven't even installed the last few updates yet as there is nothing in them that I feel I must have. Of more concern to me is the day that it becomes win10 only. I won't be changing hardware just to accommodate a software update, so until a new pc becomes necessary that will be that, which again is no big deal really. One particular bug aside that they seem strangely reluctant to fix (I've given up asking) it does everything I need it to already.

• Like 1