Saving/Loading Sonitus Custom Settings

Johnbee58

Could some kind person here explain to me how to save and load settings you create in any of the Sonitus plugins?  It doesn't seem to act the same way my 3rd party plugins save and load.

Thank you very much in advance, kind persons (peoples🤪)

🙂John B

The help in each plug-in describes how to use the Sonitus preset manager.

While the help is very detailed, it fails to mention the ini files used by the preset manager may not have the permissions setup to accept user changes.

Unless the user has permission, updates to the ini files silently fail.

The default location for the preset ini files is C:\Program Files\Cakewalk\Shared Plugins.

There is one preset ini file for each plug-in, The files have the pattern FX{plug-in name]DX.ini. For example, the Sonitus Surround plug-in preset ini file is FXSurround.ini.

One may change the ini files, one at time, by editing User permissions using the Security tab on each files Properties page (right-click each file then click on Properties at the bottom of the context menu) and allowing Modify and Write

or

Navigate to the "Shared Plugins" folder open a command window as administrator and type  the following on the command line

cacls *.ini /e /g Users:c

to change all the ini files at once.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, scook said:

The help in each plug-in describes how to use the Sonitus preset manager.

While the help is very detailed, it fails to mention the ini files used by the preset manager may not have the permissions setup to accept user changes.

Unless the user has permission, updates to the ini files silently fail.

The default location for the preset ini files is C:\Program Files\Cakewalk\Shared Plugins.

There is one preset ini file for each plug-in, The files have the pattern FX{plug-in name]DX.ini. For example, the Sonitus Surround plug-in preset ini file is FXSurround.ini.

One may change the ini files, one at time, by editing User permissions using the Security tab on each files Properties page (right-click each file then click on Properties at the bottom of the context menu) and allowing Modify and Write

or

Navigate to the "Shared Plugins" folder open a command window as administrator and type  the following on the command line

Thanks Scook!

I did mess around with it a few minutes ago and found how I can do that and I was about to come back on with a "Never mind.  I found it" but you did give me some very important additional information here.

You are a very kind person.  Thanks again.

🙂 JB

On 5/19/2021 at 9:10 AM, scook said:

Don't you need to navigate to the "Shared Plugins" folder inside the command window as administrator? When I open the command window it opens my user folder or C:\Windows\system32 when I open it as administrator.