Tone2 New Synth Warlock

No Free Beats

Tone2 Audio has announced the release of an early access releases of Warlock, a new software synthesizer instrument for Windows and Mac.

The synth comes with 84 oscillator-types (spectra) with over 14,000 waveforms. All spectra can be altered, morphed and looped. Other features includes 38 sonically different filter types, 2 modular effect slots with 18 different effects, an arpeggiator and flexible modulation options.

Warlock is a mighty synthesizer that comes with a reduced user-interface to facilitate an efficient workflow. It offers high-end sound-quality and ships with 2140 patches. The random-button can generate an unlimited number of unheard, but useful sounds.

Warlock features

Can create completely new sounds, but covers also traditional synthesis.

True high-end sound-quality for a low price.

Contains 2,140 factory-sounds created by professionals.

Limited feature-set, but huge sonic range.

Low CPU-usage.

Suitable for beginners as well as experts.

Created by an established audio-developer with 25 years of experience.

Warlock is available in VST/VST3 plugin formats (not compatible with Logic), EARLY ACCESS priced $69 USD / 59 EUR.

https://www.tone2.com/warlock.html

Edited by No Free Beats
added link

Cheap by Tone 2 standards. I don't really care for the name or about it TBH. I've never once picked what synth I'm about to use next based on what it's called. They make nice UI's and although pared down I do quite like this one. Seems quiet cpu friendlly too, but what I don't like is the lack of velocity control. Only had a quick twirl through the presets and most of them seem to be either on or off no matter how the key is struck. Probably not really aimed at the likes of me anyway, but that put's me right off it.

• 3 weeks later...

Still $69.

The biggest surprise here is that it's packing 6 Tone2 FireBird factory banks among the 2,140 factory sounds.

I really liked FireBird, but rarely use it now as it was discontinued and released free at 32-bit. Always wished Tone2 would re-release it as 64-bit and with a larger GUI.

Have been looking at other Tone2 synths over the past few years. They have great user interfaces and sound awesome, but are way too expensive and always seem to include too much that I don't care about.

This thing hits the sweet spot! Great sounds at a great price. And I even have my FireBird sounds again! :)

It looks like it contains the synth engine from FireBird, and much more! 👍

Edited by abacab
  • Like 1