Splash Sound Black Friday Sale

cclarry

cclarry, I think I need to block you (okay, I'm  just kidding). It's like I'm an addict and you keep putting temptation right in my face. 

I just picked up another piano library from buying from your link above and I have more piano libraries than I will ever use. But I'm like, "Wait? 5 bucks for a piano library. It might be just the right fit for a certain song. I shouldn't pass this up." There really should be a support group for GAS, but everything I see is just more addicts egging each other on. On the upside, it was a mere 5 bucks.

On another note, I am in need of a decent ukulele library (sadly, while I was trained on piano, organ and drums and played drums professionally for two decades, I took some guitar lessons but just never got proficient with it, hence I've become obsessed with guitar sample libraries going all the way back to hardware synths in the 80s!). Does anyone have Splash Sound's ukulele library and want to share their opinion of it? I was comparing Splash Sound's ukulele demos to those of Dream Audio Tool's -- which is also super cheap, but not on sale -- and thought Dream Audio Tool's demos sounded closer to what I'm after, but, as always, I'm concerned with playability and would love to get some insights from current users.  

• Great Idea 1

2 minutes ago, cclarry said:

Might I recommend 

https://www.amplesound.net/en/pro-pd.asp?id=24

Not cheap...but good!

Thanks. I'll go check it out. In all candor, I just need something to hold me over, so I'm not going to pay anymore than the two libraries I mentioned; which is ridiculously cheap (under $20). I know that Orange Tree Samples has a ukulele library in the works and I know that will be a killer, but I just need some ukulele strums for one song I plan on working on this month. If I owned a ukulele, I could even strum the chords well enough for this song. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, PavlovsCat said:

Thanks. I'll go check it out. In all candor, I just need something to hold me over, so I'm not going to pay anymore than the two libraries I mentioned; which is ridiculously cheap (under $20). I know that Orange Tree Samples has a ukulele library in the works and I know that will be a killer, but I just need some ukulele strums for one song I plan on working on this month. If I owned a ukulele, I could even strum the chords well enough for this song. 

Def check out Orange Tree, and they've even got a sale on.

4 hours ago, PavlovsCat said:

cclarry, I think I need to block you (okay, I'm  just kidding). It's like I'm an addict and you keep putting temptation right in my face. 

I just picked up another piano library from buying from your link above and I have more piano libraries than I will ever use. But I'm like, "Wait? 5 bucks for a piano library. It might be just the right fit for a certain song. I shouldn't pass this up." There really should be a support group for GAS, but everything I see is just more addicts egging each other on. On the upside, it was a mere 5 bucks.

On another note, I am in need of a decent ukulele library (sadly, while I was trained on piano, organ and drums and played drums professionally for two decades, I took some guitar lessons but just never got proficient with it, hence I've become obsessed with guitar sample libraries going all the way back to hardware synths in the 80s!). Does anyone have Splash Sound's ukulele library and want to share their opinion of it? I was comparing Splash Sound's ukulele demos to those of Dream Audio Tool's -- which is also super cheap, but not on sale -- and thought Dream Audio Tool's demos sounded closer to what I'm after, but, as always, I'm concerned with playability and would love to get some insights from current users.  

I have the Splash Sound Ukulele and it is by far my favorite. The tone is just right in my opinion.

• Like 2