FREE: GhostSphere Omnisphere FX Library

rasure

46 minutes ago, rasure said:

I would suggest to anyone, if you do have some money to spare then it`s really worth getting Omnisphere, they're a good solid company, been lots of free updates, worth ever penny IMO. I plan on getting KeyScape when funds are better.

Been wanting Omnisphere and/or UVI Falcon for years. I've got a lot of synth vsts that emulate ancient hardware (Arturia Collection, etc.), but they've all got arcane UIs and various limitations that I never get around to fully mastering. Or forget by the next time I need to use them. I like to build my own patches, and think I'd be better served with a single powerful synth that can do it all.

But $499 for Omnisphere or $349 for Falcon is just never going to happen. I don't think I've ever seen either seriously discounted. (Given Spectrasonics doesn't do the annual paid upgrade thing, I can see why they wouldn't want to offer a huge discount, if any.)

Oh well.

I put off Omnisphere for a long time due to the scary pricetag and lack of a demo version to assure me that it would be worth the investment. In the end, I had to accept the word of people I trusted (mostly on this forum), cross my fingers and take the plunge.

Much to my relief, it turned out to be money well spent. Omnisphere finds its way into almost every project, as it fills a hole that Kontakt libraries don't. For me, Omnisphere has become essential.

That said, it isn't for everyone. If you mainly use traditional "bread 'n butter" sounds in your music, e.g. pianos, strings, percussion, these aren't what Omnisphere excels at. Oh, they're all in there. But if you're primarily a piano player there are better pianos out there. If you use sampled guitars, there are better (and far cheaper) solutions for that, too. If you do classic orchestration, ditto. Omnisphere doesn't replace those, it augments them. In a spectacularly lush way.

4 hours ago, rasure said:

it`s really worth getting Omnisphere, they're a good solid company, been lots of free updates, worth ever penny IMO

Yeah I agree, although a bit pricey at the outset, the free updates are usually quite significant. Add to that the cumulative price of all the cheaper synths that hardly ever get used [that I'm guessing we all have] and it soon starts to look like good value, maybe even a bargain and I've barely even scratched the surface.

Comparisons to Kontakt and Sampletank aren't really relevant IMO. Apples v Oranges.

Edited by paulo
  • Like 1