Softube Summer Sale

cclarry

This sale saved me $100. A couple of weeks back I downloaded the demo's of the  2 Marshall sims, Plexi Super Lead and Kerry King Signature, IMO simply awesome, and I just had to have both, I was prepared to pay full price of $149, but thought I would wait out the demo period, which was 30 days without any restriction, hoping that these would go on sale the next month, kept checking the Softube site and Plugin Boutique as last month drew to an end, and sure enough before the new month ticked over or any advertising came out there they were for $99 each, insta buy, so happy, luck going my way for once, and with 5 days demo period to spare 🙂

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ensconced said:

This sale saved me $100. A couple of weeks back I downloaded the demo's of the  2 Marshall sims, Plexi Super Lead and Kerry King Signature, IMO simply awesome, and I just had to have both, I was prepared to pay full price of $149, but thought I would wait out the demo period, which was 30 days without any restriction, hoping that these would go on sale the next month, kept checking the Softube site and Plugin Boutique as last month drew to an end, and sure enough before the new month ticked over or any advertising came out there they were for $99 each, insta buy, so happy, luck going my way for once, and with 5 days demo period to spare 🙂

The superlead surprised me , i then tried the kerry king , super versatyle , both superb .... i wish the release the bluesbreaker ...

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Zo said:

The superlead surprised me , i then tried the kerry king , super versatyle , both superb .... i wish the release the bluesbreaker ...

Yes, they have pretty much taken over for me.

The Softube Flanger is another one that is pretty awesome, I'd say the best sounding software Flanger I have used, it's a shame about the latency, which makes it unusable as a live/realtime effect. I read in a thread on GearSlutz (I think you were in that thread as well) where the dude said that the latency was a trade off to get the sound quality they wanted, so my hopes that it may have been fixed since release or at some future time faded, as he wasn't going to change it and loose the sound, a shame, but it does sound gorgeous.

The Fix Doubler also is probably the best doubler I have used, I just quickly tried it against some other doublers I have here Waves etc, and well it's just leagues ahead, great on vocals, great on guitars, I imagine great on everything. It comes in a bundle with the Flanger, so I'll probably end up with the flanger anyway despite the latency issue.

. . . and then there's the Fix Phaser, lol, again, hard to beat. They are have a little higher CPU use than other similar plugs, nothing concerning though.

Then I have been demo'ing the Eventide Instant Phaser Mk II and Instant Flanger Mk II, and while the Flanger may not sound quite as good as the Softube, it does sounds pretty damn good and has none of the latency issues that the Fix Flanger has. The Instant Phaser sounds excellent.

So it looks like the $100 I saved is not saved for long, already purchased Eventide Instant Flanger Mk II on KVR, waiting on reply from another dude who has the Instant Phaser Mk II for sale, and then the Softube Doubler, Flanger and Phaser are still on sale for under half price, so that's that I guess.

Then I need to take a break 😁

Well the Eden WT800 Bass Amp Sim is another winner, put it up against all the Bass Sims I have, Amplitube SVX and SVX2, Mark Bass 2, GK Amp2 Pro, Studio Devil VBA Pro, Kuassa Cerebus Bass Amp, Bass amps in Revalver 4, Bass stuff from BIAS Amp 1/2, BIAS FX 1/2 and Bass expansion pack, and you can really tell the difference in sound quality after playing any of the above for a while and then switching to the Eden WT800, the least difference was with the BIAS stuff, but the Eden just has a better quality of sound, just sounds better. Not talking about sounding like X or Y real world amps, but just quality of sound in general. Of course my opinion and my ears, but to me it was quite obvious and noticeable. 

As with all amp sims I used 3rd party Cab IR's, although as I have found with the Softube stuff their stock Cabs seem to be better than most stock cabs, still I always use 3rd party.

21 hours ago, ensconced said:

He says as he downloads the Eden WT800 Bass Amp sim demo . . . 😭

I was about to say don t try it lol ...now you re down , if you want that growl ampeg style forget about it but if uou like well defined precise and classy tones , this one and the darkglass are killer as well as markbass ... 

be sur to play with the band splitter it s the key !!

Softube seems underatted someway or maybe are unhyped ...

i ve read horrendous reviews about the marshall , watched a review online where the guy was dissing evrry move but man , this thing needs to be mastered gain staged wise like crazy but once done , pure joy ...my conclusion is that very few konws how to set t up ...

Edited by Zo