PA Flash Sale - Bx_Rockrack

cclarry

Not a bad deal. It comes with a decent noise gate, delay, and it's own IR for what they call "Recording Chains" I go mine at a similar deal back when I could use my voucher. 

I finally got a $25 voucher this month! I am so proud!! : )

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Soundwise said:

AFAICT, it's a collection of preamps, no power amp circuit simulation is present.

Well there may be no control over the power amp section as we know it, but according to the RockRack manual, they are AMP sims. Doesn't mention preamps.

From the manual:

The bx_rockrack V3 boasts eight famous amp models in a single plugin, including the
Metal BX 666, an original creation of Brainworx founder Dirk Ulrich and Senior DSP
Engineer Igor Nembrini. On top of that, 40 impulse responses are included, offering
just the right variety of tone and timbre for your guitar rig. As with all their guitar amps,
Brainworx gives you a powerful selection of perfectly recorded boutique cabinets
captured with complete effects chains from studios featuring great sounding amp
rooms and stellar gear. Each amp was painstakingly recorded by professional audio
engineers who make their living by capturing tone. Imagine being able to take your pick
of famous amps from Marshall®, Mesa, and ENGL, then running them through any
one of several speaker cabinets mic’d and treated with the studio rack of your dreams.
bx_rockrack V3 brings this dream to life, right inside your DAW.

So the way I am reading and understanding what they are saying, they believe it to be complete amp setups from start to finish.

3 hours ago, Grem said:

Well there may be no control over the power amp section as we know it, but according to the RockRack manual, they are AMP sims. Doesn't mention preamps.

From the manual:

The bx_rockrack V3 boasts eight famous amp models in a single plugin, including the
Metal BX 666, an original creation of Brainworx founder Dirk Ulrich and Senior DSP
Engineer Igor Nembrini. On top of that, 40 impulse responses are included, offering
just the right variety of tone and timbre for your guitar rig. As with all their guitar amps,
Brainworx gives you a powerful selection of perfectly recorded boutique cabinets
captured with complete effects chains from studios featuring great sounding amp
rooms and stellar gear. Each amp was painstakingly recorded by professional audio
engineers who make their living by capturing tone. Imagine being able to take your pick
of famous amps from Marshall®, Mesa, and ENGL, then running them through any
one of several speaker cabinets mic’d and treated with the studio rack of your dreams.
bx_rockrack V3 brings this dream to life, right inside your DAW.

So the way I am reading and understanding what they are saying, they believe it to be complete amp setups from start to finish.

Well, technically speaking, any amplifying cascade can be called an "amp". I'm talking about power amp circuit emulation which isn't there. There shouldn't be one at least for Engl e530, because it is a preamp by design. Other "amps" may or may not have it. It seems like they don't either.  I couldn't hear or measure its impact, although I tried hard.

I agree with you Soundwise. I am just pointing out they are calling it 'Amps' as you can see in the manual. I read the whole thing, it's only a few pages, and nothing was said about power amp emulation, control, or anything to that effect.