sonar x1 to bandlab

jack c.

boy what a pleasure to have an recording god respond!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i don't know if windows 7 is 64.i have always used 32.

what is CbB?

so if i start using bandlab can i import the 32 bit vst plugins into it as well as there locations?

me windows 7 pc desktop is not connected to internet.i can download bandlab onto me pc connected to web burn to dvd and install in me studio?i think sonar x1 is 64 and 32.if that be true i can use both  in sonar before i go to bandlab??

thanks

1 hour ago, jack c. said:

i don't know if windows 7 is 64.i have always used 32.

so if i start using bandlab can i import the 32 bit vst plugins into it as well as there locations?

BandLab is

1. The Company that purchased Cakewalk IP from Gibson
  2. A DAW that runs inside Chrome and Edge

Cakewalk by BandLab (also known as CbB) is the 64bit DAW BandLab released using the Cakewalk SONAR code base. It requires 64bit Win7 or newer to run.

Most 32bit VST plug-ins will run in CbB, however; if a manufacturer makes 64bit version of their plug-ins, they should be used. Toontrack, for example, requires the host have the same bitness as the plug-in. DX plug-ins have a similar requirement.

The only restriction to plug-in locations for the scanner is mixing of the VST2 in the paths dedicated for VST3 plug-ins is not allowed. So, VST plug-ins may not exist in "C:\Program Files\Common Files\VST3" and "C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\VST3"

4 minutes ago, jack c. said:

me windows 7 pc desktop is not connected to internet.i can download bandlab onto me pc connected to web burn to dvd and install in me studio?i think sonar x1 is 64 and 32.if that be true i can use both  in sonar before i go to bandlab??

thanks

A tool called BandLab Assistant is used to download/install/update and activate CbB. While it is possible to grab the installer when BandLab Assistant is running, there is no way to activate CbB without an internet connection.

CbB must be reactivated using an internet connection at least every 6 months. For most users this happens automatically when the run the updates which are release about every other month.

Once (re)activated CbB does not require an internet connection while running.

• Like 1