Waves ARS3 and Nx Get Catalina Support

cclarry

We are pleased to announce that Nx head tracking with a computer camera (in tandem with the Nx Virtual Mix Room and Abbey Road Studio 3 plugins) is now supported with MacOS Catalina. 

How to update the Waves Head Tracking application: 

Launch Waves Central and log in.

Click the Updates Available button at the top.

All products for which updates are available, including the Waves Head Tracking application, will be selected and shown in the list on the right.

Run Waves Central to Update (but not showing up...even after "Refresh"

Side note, Larry did you end up buying the nx head tracker w/ your ARS3? I don't think I will. It's an additional $100, maybe less used and at the end of the day I wonder if it really improves anything. The sweet spot is where you're going to be mixing anyway and is the most important and you get that w/o the head tracker so I'll probably pass on it idk 

33 minutes ago, Christian Jones said:

Side note, Larry did you end up buying the nx head tracker w/ your ARS3? I don't think I will. It's an additional $100, maybe less used and at the end of the day I wonder if it really improves anything. The sweet spot is where you're going to be mixing anyway and is the most important and you get that w/o the head tracker so I'll probably pass on it idk 

No Christian...I don't care if it "Tracks my head movements"...seems a HUGE waste to me...
but that's just me...

21 minutes ago, cclarry said:

I'm getting no update notification at all for ARS3, despite the fact
that every time you open it, it launches the Nx headtracking software...
I'm no on Catalina, or Mac for that matter, so really don't care...LOL

nothing on here on windows  - mac only :)

PS picked up a headtracker on ebay really cheap.  Came with a NX virtual mix room licence too.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cclarry said:

despite the fact
that every time you open it, it launches the Nx headtracking software...

If that annoys you I happened to see this post the other day about it when I was researching ARS3:  ---------

"I had the same problem with NX [launching every time on its own] which was annoying. I asked Waves support to help me. They sent me the following reply and it worked:

In order to avoid Waves NX Waves HeadTrack application from opening every time you launch a session in Logic, please move the WavesHeadTracker file from its original path Applications > Waves > Plugins V10 > WavesHeadTracker > move the WavesHeadTrack file to the Waves folder.

Once this is done, you can manually open the application after loading your Logic session."

I assume it doesn't matter what daw is used. 

Edited by Christian Jones
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1