Melodyne 4 - slow startup

Xoo

Problem: the first time within a CbB session that Melodyne 4 (any version thereof that I've tried) is added to a clip as a region FX, the audio mixdown happens as quickly as expected, but the Melodyne UI takes ~11 seconds (consistently) to open - and then the analysis to occur.  Subsequent instances open immediately (and then analyse in expected time).

This delay also happens when scanning the plug-in (eg. plug-in reset) and also when opening the Melodyne standalone - so this is *not* a CbB issue, but a Melodyne one (it's just I don't open the standalone except to check how it's behaving).

This happened on my old PC (Windows 7, Quad Core Q6600) and also my new PC (Windows 10, Ryzen 5 2600), so it's not obviously an OS/CPU issue.  It did *not* happen with Melodyne 2 on the old PC.

It happened on the free version (Essential) I received with SONAR Platinum, but also with Assistant which I updated to over the Christmas break (special offer).

I know of one or two other CbB users who've experienced this (I forget who now though), but I'm surprised that it's not mentioned more frequently if it's a common issue (or people just accept it).

My guess is that it's a Melodyne  authorisation issue given when it occurs in the Melodyne life-cycle.

Is this common and does anyone know how to resolve it?  It's not a show-stopper, but I'd really hoped that the upgrade to Assistant at least would solve it.

4 hours ago, Kevin Perry said:

It did *not* happen with Melodyne 2 on the old PC.

When Melodyne 4 came out I went back and forth with Celemony on this, and the extra sound manipulation features in Melodyne 4 make the analysis portion roughly 6 times slower on M4 versus M2. To my knowledge, this has never been changed, but the best solution would be an option to not do the additional analysis with M4. Unfortunately, you need to relinquish the M2 license to get M4.

The launch time sounds like a different issue, which may be the preference setting to check for a Melodyne update when it is launched, but not sure on that one.