Can't remove track midi automation ?!

Mee

I open a midi file. 

I turn on a track automation and select arepeggiator. 

It plays arpegio of course...

Then if I do ANYTHING I can't not remove / stop the arepeggiator. 

I've selected delete special: and the options "track automation" and "track/bus automation" is greyed out (can't select them to delete any automation). 

I've right clicked on the automation and selected "delete envelope" or "clear all" etc.  and that just closes the track automation but doesn't stop the arpeggiator from playing. 

There seems to be no way to stop the automation, how do you remove it? 

Note, I don't know if this is even just an arpeggiator problem. 

Because I can't seem to find ANYTHING showing that there is any envelope or automation being applied to the track now.

But can't stop the arpeggiator from playing. 

Yeah, there is something weird going on with Cakewalk.

If you open the "ProCh" view, you can view the arpeggiator in the window.

However, the enable/diable button toggles but doesn't turn off (or some times on) the arpeggiator if you select it. But it works if you toggle it ONLY when the song is playing. So something weird is going on since you shouldn't need to press play to toggle. 

It stays stuck either an off or on mode, depending what you've done before (like if you did nothing you can't turn it on, but if you've tried adding the arpeggiator in the automation track, you can't ever turn it off). 

arpeggiator automation replies on movements of parameters. If nothing is being moved, nothing is being automated.

To record arpeggiator automation

1.Right-click the desired arpeggiator parameter in the Track Inspector, and select Automation Write Enable on the pop-up menu.

2.Click the Play button to start playback.

3.Adjust the arpeggiator control as desired. When you are finished recording automation, click the Stop button to stop playback.

Automation (envelope) data appears in the Track view.

To create arpeggiator automation

In the Track pane, click the track’s Edit Filter control, point to Track Automation > Arpeggiator and select the desired arpeggiator parameter.

Automation (envelope) data appears in the Track view.

Hi

No, the problem is that cakewalk gets stuck where you can't turn off the arpeggiator or get rid of it, or as described you can't toggle it off or on with the control and it gets all messed up enabled when off or on when off.

Or you have to play you track and only then does the switch to disable it disable it.

But then if you press play again for your song, it turns itself on even though it's off and you just turned it off.

Cakewalk seems to be messed up somehow with the scenario I described.

Load a midi, and turn on the arpeggiator and see if you can ever get rid of it. You can't.

15 minutes ago, Mee said:

. . . cakewalk gets stuck where you can't turn off the arpeggiator or get rid of it, or as described you can't toggle it off or on with the control and it gets all messed up enabled when off or on when off.

I never use automation, but I am wondering if what you are getting is similar to what I wrote up this morning.

What do you mean by "you can't [1] toggle it* off or on  [2] with the control**?" It sounds a little similar (not sure, though) to my attempts to control the Latch functionality with a Remote Control CC.

*toggle what specifically?  **with which control?

Edited by User 905133
to add a possibly related link to what I wrote up this morning

On 1/1/2020 at 6:39 PM, User 905133 said:

*toggle what specifically?  **with which control?

In the left side of the screen,in the inspector,  there is a view for "ProCh".  That shows you a push button switch to turn off or on the apeggiator. 

9 hours ago, Mee said:

In the left side of the screen,in the inspector,  there is a view for "ProCh".  That shows you a push button switch to turn off or on the apeggiator. 

I think you mean the blue on/off button next to the Latch button (in the MIDI tab of the Inspector) as shown below.  Thanks.  I will continue to explore possible issues I have been having.

image.png

Edited by User 905133
to simplify reply