Automation not working in newest SW releas(es)?

jarcity

Question

I just upgraded to the latest version and suddenly all my automations are not working (for both the built-in Sonitus and my Nexus2 VSTs).

The automation graph shows as before, but when I play back, the output is constant between two automation points (i.e. the output jumps between the points, there is no linear or slow/fast increase/decrease between the points). 

How to fix this, or is it a known bug?

Looking forward to your response.

As a test, just loaded a track with Sonitus reverb in the effect bin.  I added automation lanes for a couple of Sonitus reverb's parameters.  The parameters mapped responded to the automation I entered when played back.

Working fine here.

Are you sure you have not occidentally bypassed all read automation in the Mix Module?

Thanks, but I checked: Read automation is enabled. Did some more testing: Automation is somewhat working as the automation points are read, but the transition from one point to another is not (linear, fast, slow curved line ). It is like it jumps no matter what line is selected.. Any help is appreciated as this issue has stopped me from finishing my work. 

Edit:

And it gets more strange: It might work the first time you play a clip with automation, but not the second time.. It is very strange. Just tested with sonitus EQ and this is an issue when automating the frequency. 

Edited by jarcity

So no one has experienced this?

Simple stuff like volume automation seems to work, but automating the parameters of (some) VST plugins seems not to work. An easy test is to automate the freq parameter of Sonitus Equlizer: For me, the envelope (linear, fast curve, slow curve) is never read when playing back, it always jumps from parameter to parameter..

Any help or suggestions is welcome!

2 hours ago, jarcity said:

I have to try to find a workaround.

Hopefully someone who is also experiencing the same issue can respond.

In the meantime, does every plugin experience this behaviour or just a select few?

Maybe a workaround is to try plugins that do not exhibit this behaviour...

Automation problems make me wonder if CW130Auto.dll somehow got out of sync with CbB.

Right-click then open properties and compare the file version  under the details tab for both

C:\Program Files\Cakewalk\Cakewalk Core\Cakewalk.exe

and

C:\Program Files\Cakewalk\Shared Utilities\CW130Auto.dll

they should be the same.

I am having the  same issue with automation and am also using Windows 10.

I have found that if I  click in the time  ruler and move the now time  so that  it is not  on a beat or half way between two beats then click play the  automation  works. If the  now time is  on the beat or  half way between the two beats  when I click play  the automation  does not work correctly.  

I have the same problem.... I record the automation, but when I playback, nothing moves... and of course... read automation is enabled. I'm getting so annoyed by this. I can't understand how 15 years ago the Cubase release I was using NEVER failed on automation and Cakewalk 2020 can't handle automation properly...

The automation track in the image, there's no way I can't make it to be read...Puta-madre.jpg