Flash Sale: STL Tonality Howard Benson

Marc Cormier

I just bought this plugin last week and I've replaced about half of my active projects with it.  It's simple, flexible, and sounds fantastic.  That's exactly what I've been looking for.

48 HOUR FLASH SALE - $30 OFF

Strictly for the next 48 hours get $30 off Tonality - Howard Benson, an all-in-one guitar suite plugin developed exclusively from Grammy Nominated Producer Howard Benson.

Use the code below:
BENSONFLASH
Click the button below to have the code automatically applied at checkout. 
Code valid for 48 hours only.

https://www.stltones.com/products/stltonalityhowardbenson?utm_source=STL+Tones&utm_campaign=558b94c090-EMAIL_CAMPAIGN_2019_10_16_06_33_COPY_01&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_949ede8d45-558b94c090-70367151&mc_cid=558b94c090&mc_eid=632c305239

• Thanks 1

True, Zo!  I loved your walkthrough! 

Each amp has such unique character.  It's easy to tell them apart even with effects in the chain.  The presets are excellent on their own or as starting points for building out your own presets.  I was torn between this and the Fortin Nameless Suite, but really happy with the purchase.  I usually gravitated toward "complete" packages in the past that include everything and the kitchen sink but I really appreciate the simplicity of this tool.  My new fave, hands down.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Marc Cormier said:

True, Zo!  I loved your walkthrough! 

Each amp has such unique character.  It's easy to tell them apart even with effects in the chain.  The presets are excellent on their own or as starting points for building out your own presets.  I was torn between this and the Fortin Nameless Suite, but really happy with the purchase.  I usually gravitated toward "complete" packages in the past that include everything and the kitchen sink but I really appreciate the simplicity of this tool.  My new fave, hands down.  

Marc my video was about the Putney , did ya tried this one too ? 

The putney has the ampeg and the ability to make a dual amp configuration... so a great goodie , and in the andy james the vox AC 30 is exellent ...

Heavily testing Neural dsp plini and nolly ... might do a video on one of those but honestly i find that there s already great videos around ,.. 

Hey, Zo.  No, I didn't demo Putney but have watched a ton of videos! 

I went with Howard Benson for the variety of amps in that package.  The Bogner model is amazing for high gain but the Marshall is superb, too, especially with the overdrive pedal in the chain.  The Wizard amp model is wonderfully versatile and the two Fender amps are crystalline and clean and really responsive with overdrive.  I regret not picking up the Putney product on sale last week now that I hear just how good this STL plugin is. 

Mesh, I'm a big fan of THU and have been an Overloud customer since TH1.  The Randall amps are wonderful for high gain and a few of the amp rigs really stand out.  I love Mercuriall amp sims for high gain, too, and SGear for Fender tones.  I spent way too much time tweaking with Bias FX and Amp and not nearly enough recording.  I may upgrade to BiasFX2 if there's a good enough deal but not really desperate to do so now.

For the most part, though, I've used THU and SGear for most of my needs and felt like, because of how many options there were, I was covered.  While I still believe that's true, the quality and clarity of the sound coming from STL Howard Benson is just making me rethink the tonnage factor of the more voluminous amp sim products I've used.  It really is a pleasure to use, and the focus that 5 amps and 3 pedals provides is something I need to keep my blinders on and actually play.  There are some things it doesn't do (is not designed to do) but I have other amp sims that will fill in the gaps.  I really do think it will end up being my go-to amp sim but I've got the upcoming weekend to play around some more.

Demo this thing.  I'd love to hear what you think.  Be sure to use the IR loader to compare the stock cabs with your own - they actually stack up really well!

PS - there are SO MANY amp sims I haven't used but got to stop somewhere.  Or at least stop a while to play.

• Like 1

Thanks Marc for your thoughts on this. I did download/install STL last night, but was having some issues with iLok Pace opening up to use STL. Tonight will give it another shot with Don Julio by my side :D.

After getting Bias FX2, that's been my go to and noticed the responsiveness & tones to be much better/fuller than FX1 as well as TH3 (which was regular amp sim). Anyway, I'm looking forward to checking out STL and will post back....the tone quest continues. ;)  

Hi Mesh.  I had the same type of issue with the demo some months ago and it never did work.  It was sitting in my iLok Manager as a deactivated trial for months.  It was a bit of a leap of faith to buy without trying but no regrets.  Still thinking about Bias FX 2 - it sounds like they've worked out some of the kinks which is great to hear!

• Like 1