SOLVED: Is it possible to turn TH3 effects on and off with automation?

Posted (edited)

Hello, I'd like to automate my TH3 guitar effects, basically just turn pedals on and off for specific sections of a lead, maybe twist a dial or two also. I'm using the latest CbB, and windows 10.  If anyone can point me in the right direction I would appreciate it, thanks.

Edited by Tom Whitten
Clarity

If you use a midi foot pedal like those made by Behringer you can use midi learn from within TH3 each parameter should have midi learn but I can’t totally confirm that as I’m not at home. Most VST effects have midi learn

48 minutes ago, John Vere said:

If you use a midi foot pedal like those made by Behringer you can use midi learn from within TH3 each parameter should have midi learn but I can’t totally confirm that as I’m not at home. Most VST effects have midi learn

Interesting, thanks.

Ya I just tried it and all the on /off and controls have Midi learn in TH3 . Just right click the knob/ button and choose midi learn and then step on the footswitch or midi controller. 

Screenshot(140).png.f2db31437d905861617c935fc6c9db09.png

Posted (edited)

Other options:

1. Split the clip into 2 tracks so one track is FXed and one is dry.  Bounce all the clips together that are on one track.

2. Put the FX on a BUS and automate the track SEND volume.

3. Use track automation.
TH3-1.thumb.jpg.ed5471c5dbc5564de35ea9d05d0da7c0.jpg

FR: Would be nice if we could automate the FX Rack ON/OFF button.

Edited by sjoens

3 hours ago, John Vere said:

Ya I just tried it and all the on /off and controls have Midi learn in TH3 . Just right click the knob/ button and choose midi learn and then step on the footswitch or midi controller. 

Screenshot(140).png.f2db31437d905861617c935fc6c9db09.png

Thanks, I'll see if it's possible to use my midi keyboard to do this.

1 hour ago, sjoens said:

Other options:

1. Split the clip into 2 tracks so one track is FXed and one is dry.  Bounce all the clips together that are on one track.

2. Put the FX on a BUS and automate the track SEND volume.

3. Use track automation.
TH3-1.thumb.jpg.ed5471c5dbc5564de35ea9d05d0da7c0.jpg

FR: Would be nice if we could automate the FX Rack ON/OFF 

Thanks,  this seems like a reasonable workaround. Thank you. 

If you want to for example control pedal on/off in TH3 (or TH-U for that matter), you need to assign the pedal footswitch to an "automation slot" (15 available).

Just right-click the pedal on/off button in TH3 and select a slot under Assign to automation slot for current preset menu. Then you can create an automation envelope for TH3 for that automation slot in the track. The same goes for any control in TH3 to which you can select an automation slot for.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, petemus said:

If you want to for example control pedal on/off in TH3 (or TH-U for that matter), you need to assign the pedal footswitch to an "automation slot" (15 available).

Just right-click the pedal on/off button in TH3 and select a slot under Assign to automation slot for current preset menu. Then you can create an automation envelope for TH3 for that automation slot in the track. The same goes for any control in TH3 to which you can select an automation slot for.

That's what I was looking for. Excellent, thank you!

• Like 1

• Fitzsimmons Shift changed the title to SOLVED: Is it possible to turn TH3 effects on and off with automation?