Connecting Milton Strummer

Today I installed the Milton Strummer. Unfortunately it does not work. I have two instrument tracks. The first track is my guitar (Ample Guitar M) and the second track is the Milton Strummer. I have now tried various connections (e.g. Milton Strummer MIDI channel 1 at the inputs of the guitar, Ample Guitar M at the inputs of the Streummer, etc.). But I still can't get the Strummer to work.

Can anyone tell me how I can connect the two VST devices?

I hope this is not too stupid a question. Unfortunately my experience with Cakewalk is not too great yet.

1. It is a 32bit plugin.

2. It didn't work on my win10 pc. Complained about missing files. Could be related to Synthedit.

3. It does work on my win7 pc. But was quiet at first. Used it with Spicy guitar vsti.

4. i got sound by setting the switches within the plugin to:  Preset chords - midi out - normal mode.

Good luck.

Many thanks for the tip. I've tried a lot of things now, but couldn't get it to work. That's a shame as it's free. But I've now turned my attention to the products from UJAM. Especially the Virtual Guitarist series seems to do what I'm looking for.

27 minutes ago, Matthias_L said:

Many thanks for the tip. I've tried a lot of things now, but couldn't get it to work. That's a shame as it's free. But I've now turned my attention to the products from UJAM. Especially the Virtual Guitarist series seems to do what I'm looking for.

Just a FYI... it's been a while since I've checked this, but when I first got the Virtual Guitarist series I found I was getting loads of clicks & pops, regardless of what ASIO buffer size I set.   It seemed to affect all the UJAM plugins - in my case both Virtual Guitarist & Virtual Drummer series of plugins.

My workaround was to check the "Load with jBridge Wrapper" setting in the plugin properties (obviously you need jBridge installed).  This allowed me to use it at lower buffer settings.

I wouldn't use this setting unless necessary though - if they work fine without jBridge, it's best to use them without it.

15 hours ago, Kurre said:

1. It is a 32bit plugin.

2. It didn't work on my win10 pc. Complained about missing files. Could be related to Synthedit.

3. It does work on my win7 pc. But was quiet at first. Used it with Spicy guitar vsti.

4. i got sound by setting the switches within the plugin to:  Preset chords - midi out - normal mode.

Good luck.

Where is it installed? Win10 has stricter security than 7 that can stop synth edit plugs loading their modules

7 hours ago, pwal³ said:

Where is it installed? Win10 has stricter security than 7 that can stop synth edit plugs loading their modules

I'm not going to use it because my guitar plugins does a better job. I was just curious if i could get it to work.

As usual with vst2, 32 or 64 bit, it goes to the standard place. Program files/Cakewalk/vst plugins.

Another thing was that i wasn't able to use jbridge. It was greyed out on win10.

Also checked and Synthedit config files (.sem) is present on win7 because i installed lots of synthedit software in the beginning with CbB. Win10 do not have those config files (.sem). 👋

12 hours ago, Kurre said:

As usual with vst2, 32 or 64 bit, it goes to the standard place. Program files/Cakewalk/vst plugins.

I think I have installed it correctly. I can select the strummer as an instrument in Cakewalk and it's there. I can call it up and edit all the settings. But what doesn't work is the connection to a guitar addon (no matter which one I use). I've tried just about every possible setting. Without success.

22 hours ago, msmcleod said:

Just a FYI... it's been a while since I've checked this, but when I first got the Virtual Guitarist series I found I was getting loads of clicks & pops, regardless of what ASIO buffer size I set.   It seemed to affect all the UJAM plugins - in my case both Virtual Guitarist & Virtual Drummer series of plugins.

My workaround was to check the "Load with jBridge Wrapper" setting in the plugin properties (obviously you need jBridge installed).  This allowed me to use it at lower buffer settings.

I wouldn't use this setting unless necessary though - if they work fine without jBridge, it's best to use them without it.

Many thanks for the precious advice. I have given up using Mildon Strummer in the meantime. I am very interested in the Virtual Guitarist series. The reports I've read about it and the videos on the subject meet, or rather exceed, what I'm actually looking for. What's more, the entire series is currently on special offer.