Sonar start screen does not show enough recent projects

Mr. Jam

Heyy everyone this might be my first post ever... I'm a long time Cakewalk user and i regularly work on MANY different projects, music production, audio editing , voice overs, mixing, sound for video etc.  In Cake walk by bandlab i have over 60 projects pinned.  It seems that only about 16 or 17 recent projects are shown at a time and even when you pin more than that they drop off the list and or are not viewable until you manually browse for the file and open it.  I would like to see far more recent projects viewable and would really love a tabbed start screen to allow me to group different types of projects and different projects together.

• Like 2
  • Great Idea 1

1 minute ago, Mr. Jam said:

would really love a tabbed start screen to allow me to group different types of projects and different projects together.

+1  Great idea! I, too, had a ton of stuff pinned in CbB for different reasons/purposes, too many for one window. Tabs would be really helpful. And I'm hoping/expecting the Bakers will introduce a "compact" listing mode without project icons as well as a return if the "tiles" view where the project thumbnails are usefully large.

• Great Idea 1

excellent idea!

also - i use the Windows "pin to quick access" in my file explorer - doesn't solve things but i put the high priority one in my quick access (maybe 8-9) and then high priority pinned in CW leaving a couple of spaces for floating projects - i.e. the ones i recently worked on float into that space.

• Great Idea 1

Posted (edited)

Funny this topic came up because I’m not liking the new layout at all. It never puts the last projects in the cue. I’ve ended up opening back up versions by mistake. I can’t put my finger on what it is that has made this worse than the Cakewalk version and I’m one to slowly get used to new things but it’s been over a month and I’m still hating this thing. 
The start screen and the inability to make the PRV background white are my only 2 complaints so far.  

Edited by John Vere