Addictive Drums?

Starship Krupa

I recently got Addictive Drums, and was surprised that Cakewalk doesn't come with a drum map for this. Given that SONAR Platinum came with a license for AD, this seems odd.

I'm sure someone has already created a nice one, if so, please share it.

one of the nice features of AD - is it's built in mapping tool. depending on where i'm importing the MIDI from, i can usually find one to plug in directly using just a default AD drum map (and without one as well -- i use the drum map simply to have the names, not that i'm mapping anything specific).

image.png.22bedbf44d488ce37d4bb163b30a5535.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

There were several posts on the old forums in the X3 days, but I did a quick check of the ones easily found and the links are no longer valid. @Clovis Ramsay has this thread from 2021 that has even more info, but the link to the drum map itself (on Google Drive) is not functioning for me. Maybe they will get a ping from this post and can help you out.

Quick Edit: I clicked the "Download All" in the upper right on Google Drive and that did download everything at once. I couldn't just download the map individually.

Edited by mettelus
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 4/23/2024 at 9:37 AM, Starship Krupa said:

I'm sure someone has already created a nice one, if so, please share it.

As it happens, I was looking at some of my drum samplers, in search of sounds & patterns for pop/country style brush material lately, and I just created a few drum maps for AD2 using the AD2 Default layout. -Not much help for my search, since as it turns out, I have no AD kits with brush samples, but at least I refreshed my memory of some of the basic articulations available in Addictive.

I have also attached an .ins file, for at least importing note name mapping for optional use in the PRV should one choose to do so.

FYI: Some of the note naming may be odd, and though I have made a basic check with a simple AD2 kit loaded, I can only apologize for any errors or renaming choices (drum map character limit made me change some naming).  -Anyway - maybe this can help getting things going, as of course making your own maps will usually wind up being the best. Mileage & wear may vary!

If the attachment feature here does not work, just DM me some info to get you copies.

-Also -  💭 Any good suggestions on finding MIDI patterns (grooves) for pop-country (like basic shuffles in 2/4, 4/4, etc.) style covers - that I can quickly adapt? 😎

AD2 Defaults BasicPopKit 2017 .map AD2 Defaults Brush+PopKit1 2017 .map AD2 Defaults Std Full 2017 .map AD2-Default-NoteNames2017.ins

• Thanks 1

i've been using Groove Monkey and Toontrack for their MIDI. and since someone reported a problem with their GoranGrooves MIDI (turns out it's the way CW handles MIDI with channels assigned) i have some of theirs as well. The CW session drummer also has some nice MIDI files and as Slate Drums. i'm sure other folks will chime in with their preferred MIDI sources.

https://gorangrooves.com/

• Thanks 1

I will check out some of those sources @Glenn Stanton - thanks!  I did already go through Toontrack - since they have a MIDI store connection right in the apps, which once synced up (I hadn't used it before) is a fairly extensive library that lets you preview in fact, it was interesting. My recent search focus is a bit off the popular track though, I've found very few patterns based on brush kits - probably also since there are so very few kits with brushes included.

I have found that utilizing MIDI grooves is always best within each vendor, although technically I can often use a drum map to re-route most of the simple 1, 2, or 4-bar offerings. But again, in my case, even finding a pattern mapped for brushes at all is where I am getting no results.  I will keep looking though!