MeldaProduction MStereoSpread, MAutoAlign, MDelayMB, and MRingModulatorMB Eternal Madness Sale

cclarry

MStereoSpread is worth a quick mention here. Unlike MStereoProcessor, which was offered last week and tailors existing stereo material (but won't generate it), MStereoSpread will generate stereo via either classic delay or via Melda's spectral generator. The spectral generator shifts frequency content randomly to one speaker while compensating the other, which allows for things to sit in the "same space" yet avoid frequency collisions (in a stereo field). Caveat to this is the spectral generation will always collapse to mono perfectly, so be sure to consider that (and frequency collisions) depending on intended playback systems.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, mettelus said:

MStereoSpread will generate stereo via either classic delay or via Melda's spectral generator. The spectral generator shifts frequency content randomly to one speaker while compensating the other, which allows for things to sit in the "same space" yet avoid frequency collisions (in a stereo field). Caveat to this is the spectral generation will always collapse to mono perfectly, so be sure to consider that (and frequency collisions) depending on intended playback systems.

This is relevant to my interests.

The MStereo FX are very confusing to try to sort out. I had a piece of mono audio last week that I wanted to stereoize and decided to turn MeldaProduction loose on it. I didn't get any results that pleased me. I get better results with MSpectralPan I'll try MStereoSpread again.

My go-to's for that work are Polyverse Wider 2 and JS Sidewidener.