Am I the only one missing the Track Navigator?

Cobus Prinsloo

Question

I simply cannot locate it. I scrutinized the Views menu (as directed by the Help file), but it isn't there. I also tried the shortcut to activate it (ALt + Shift+8), but nothing happens.

Has this viewing option been taken away by the new free version?

image.png.f71861fa15bffc381a75ffe3a3e3f476.png

4 answers to this question

Ah, thank you so much!

I think it's a little counter-intuitive to make access to a panel dependent on a preset workspace. Is there a way I can place the panel at the top instead of the bottom?

PS: I have already built up personalized workspaces, but now I have to start all over simply to get access to one viewing option!

15 minutes ago, Cobus Prinsloo said:

I have already built up personalized workspaces, but now I have to start all over simply to get access to one viewing option!

You can edit/resave your existing personalized Workspaces to include the Navigator.  No need to start all over building them.

To add the Navigator to the Views Menu:

Load a Workspace, Open the Workspace Manager, Open Views on the left side (Show in GUI), Put a check in Navigator, Save the Workspace. 

The default Alt+N should work.  Also, the Track View's View Tab will have the Navigator Show/Hide toggle/check mark. 

I just took my "NO VIEWS" Workspace, enabled the Navigator View/Function as above, then used Alt+N to show the Navigator in the Track View and saved that.  It worked for me.

Edited by User 905133
Added second part re: Navigator on the top
  • Like 3