Something I always wondered about . . . with frozen tracks

So, you freeze a track . . . and it renders to audio. All the plugins in the FX Bin go dim, presumably meaning they have been applied to the audio render . . . yet, you can still open the plugins in the FX Bin, and even make changes, which of course have no affect, because they are frozen. Why not have the software disable even opening them ? I'd like to know the reason. After all . . . only morons will try to edit frozen plugins, right ?

If you try to add another plugin to the frozen FX Bin, it lets you do it . . . why is it even possible ? After all . . .

Curiously, you can still edit / change the automations of frozen tracks, so those are independent of the freezing.

It's just something I've always wondered about, and has tripped me up a few times, wondering what happened to my mix, if I dare to unfreeze.

Just remember where they are and what they do, because they are 'global' to the freeze operation. That has tripped me up more than once when I actually wanted to print the FX to unload some CPU on some subsequent track or session on the same project. 

But even I commit "pilot error" occasionally.

• Like 2