Loopcloud sub changes to be announced no more FREE daily sounds to be claimed

Vst0nE

Support informed me Loopcloud is going to remove very soon within week or two free daily sounds which you could claim

not very nice move considering it costs them nothing

just to be aware if you wish to sign up now

Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, audioschmaudio said:

What a pity. That makes it way less attractive.

yes it makes it not worth it anymore, you can ask for refund, they will do it for you if you wish, they will honor it as we signed up with different conditions and they going to change it soon now, i have feeling they will not even announce it and basically quietly remove it as they know a lot of people leave them now, it has been already removed from adverts

Edited by Vst0nE

Just FYI, there was a limit… forgot exactly what the number was. But I eventually received a msg saying I couldn’t redeem any more free sounds. I think the limit was 300

7 hours ago, Vst0nE said:

Support informed me Loopcloud is going to remove very soon within week or two free daily sounds which you could claim

not very nice move considering it costs them nothing

just to be aware if you wish to sign up now

With all of the mailing lists I belong to there is never a shortage if getting loops for free.

How many people get screwed out of something using subs vs. perpetual?  The sub model is often all or nothing because they alter a deal without any sense of loyalty. This is happening with streaming services as well.

You never know but maybe some of those who produce loops don't like their stuff given away.  We've seen 2 developers who left PA because pf the race down to zero.

2 hours ago, kitekrazy said:

With all of the mailing lists I belong to there is never a shortage if getting loops for free.

How many people get screwed out of something using subs vs. perpetual?  The sub model is often all or nothing because they alter a deal without any sense of loyalty. This is happening with streaming services as well.

You never know but maybe some of those who produce loops don't like their stuff given away.  We've seen 2 developers who left PA because pf the race down to zero.

Depends what you're after. I keep an extremely large library of SFX for post work. Something like a high-end CineTools library can cost upward of $120+, with 10-20GB of content and thousands of sounds. I don't like sifting through things from the cloud - it's way too slow. So, I just wait for Loopcloud sales, grab Professional subscription for 50% off (usually around $120), and get 7200 points. With that I can usually grab a full Cinetools library for around 2500 points, or 3 libraries for 7500 points, and save A LOT of money. This is also much cheaper than their own Cloud service. And then I have the entire library downloaded and scan through it an hour instead of 10 hours in the cloud. I'd say I've saved thousands doing this over the last few years - and have multiple accounts to take advantage of 'new customer' promos, which LoopCloud people don't seem to mind, because they often help me merge my accounts / points.

Maybe some developers will catch on to this little racket I have running. Hopefully not! Shhhhhhhh everyone.