Not being offered Win 11 H2 2023 on PC

Hi all - I am not being prompted by the Windows Update service to update to Window 11 H2 2023 even though it has been out since November.

I know MS rolls out installations but I would have though I should have got it by now - I have it on my laptop. I don't have any strange devices attached (I gather drivers can cause issues) just a Canon printer, Logitech wireless keyboard & mouse & Roland Apro 800 controller

Is anyone else still waiting? H2 2022 isn't out of security updates yet but it does seem odd to be waiting this long. I know I could install manually but a bit worried in case that goes t*ts up!

Spec : 12th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-12700 2.10 GHz , 32Gb RAM 2 internal Samsung SSDs & 2 external Samsung SSDs

I don’t know the answer but I found I get quick accurate replies on the official MS users forum. You are sort of automatically logged in if you are logged in to your MS account for all that other wonderful stuff like One Drive and Outlook. 

• Like 1

Thanks both. I'll try the MS Forum. My only concern about not having 23H2 is that it will go out of support at some stage. If I haven't been offered it by the time it does go out of support I'll have to do a manual update

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/26/2024 at 10:47 PM, JoeGBradford said:

Hi all - I am not being prompted by the Windows Update service to update to Window 11 H2 2023 even though it has been out since November.

I know MS rolls out installations but I would have though I should have got it by now - I have it on my laptop. I don't have any strange devices attached (I gather drivers can cause issues) just a Canon printer, Logitech wireless keyboard & mouse & Roland Apro 800 controller

Is anyone else still waiting? H2 2022 isn't out of security updates yet but it does seem odd to be waiting this long. I know I could install manually but a bit worried in case that goes t*ts up!

Spec : 12th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-12700 2.10 GHz , 32Gb RAM 2 internal Samsung SSDs & 2 external Samsung SSDs

AC repair Austin Texas

I got Windows 23H2 through Windows Update normally. Then, around early/middle December, I had to restore my laptop to the 22H2 image that I had backed up. What happens is that since then, 23H2 doesn't appear anymore on Windows Update. I already tried multiple commands, but regardless of what I do, the only thing I get on Windows Update is the Windows Security Updates. Do you guys have any idea on how to make 23H2 appear on Windows Update again? Thank you in advance!

2 hours ago, oscarreece said:

I got Windows 23H2 through Windows Update normally. Then, around early/middle December, I had to restore my laptop to the 22H2 image that I had backed up. What happens is that since then, 23H2 doesn't appear anymore on Windows Update. I already tried multiple commands, but regardless of what I do, the only thing I get on Windows Update is the Windows Security Updates. Do you guys have any idea on how to make 23H2 appear on Windows Update again? Thank you in advance!

As mentioned before, you can download the Media Creation Tool... and use that to update to 23H2.