Sound Forge Pro 18 Released!

cclarry

Bandlab Studio

16 Audio/MIDI tracks + Mastering for the very affordable price of TOTALLY FREE, 32 tracks + Publishing + Distribution with paid membership.

A Paid Membership Subscription is actually less expensive than a 30% off Cubase deal, and offers about, umm. maybe1000x more SUPPORT? 🤔 Maybe more.

It runs on the cloud and on ANY computer, smartphone or device that supports Google's Chrome Browser and or any browsers, like Microsoft Edge that supports Google "Chromium" technology.

🤔Now how COOL & Innovative is THAT?💯

Although I wouldn't consider Bandlab Studio a full-fledged DAW yet, simply because it doesn't have a Buss section "yet" and I experience unpredictable latency problems & timeouts while try to record directly into it at certain times of the day..  I can only conclude & assume of these latency problems are caused by my local ISP's annoying habit of throttling back speeds anywhere from an "advertised" 300 mb/s, actual high-speeds topping out @  125-225 mb/s to a low-end side of 80-90 mb/s (speed tested/measured & calculated from my Netgear Nighthawk router) when local Internet traffic is high here in Binghamton, NY.

However, depending on where you live, these conditions are subject to change. Below is a screen shot of the Blowing Kisses in the Wind collaboration I recently published with dear sweet young lady in Japan name "abel" who had little to no troubles recording tracks in real time directly from her iPhone. In fact, the only problems I have collaborating with abel is language translation barriers between Japanese and English. She is learning and perfecting here English language skills by singing songs most publish by American artists. She getting better and better learning English, but she's not there yet. I NO skills for learning foreign languages, and when I use Google Translate to copy and paste these track names written in Japanese I get thrown into a tailspin or get nowhere slowly.

But that's OK, because MUSIC itself is a defining universal language. 😍

And I can still work on "Recording Sessions" in my No Brainer #1 Choice of DAW's CbB... Due to all the truly mind-blowing technological INNOVATIONS of Bandlab achieving successes I never thought I'd live long enough to experience....  BL Studio it is my #1 1st choice for collaborations & a unified field of "Mixing Sessions"

BlowingKissesBL-S3.thumb.jpg.2eb5f56642240768b1f7e9fb7ed3640e.jpg

On the lower 3rd of the screen is BL Studio's Fx Effects Chains Presets section with LG SELECTION OF DOZENS of PRESETS which can all be reconfigured,  rearranged, swapped out, automated and customized, saved & shared with any and all Bandlab users for further continued use and customization with a VERY large ever expanding in number & quality, & getting bigger selection of automatable FX, processors, and utilities like Auto Pitch, TIME STRETCHING, a new Drum Machine, a new Sampler, gazillions of samples, loops, one shots, and MORE.

Although the appearance of the GUI and FX names change, If you look at BL's Studio's lower 1/3 Fx Effects window as you would CbB's ProChannel, you will see and hear STRIKING similarities to ProChannel modules and Sontius FX bundle. Does a BL 1176 sound vaguely familiar to you whilst looking for a nice familiar compressor/leveling amp? Howz about a BL-2A?

Need a good familiar amp farm selections of American/British/Botique guitar Amps & rigs of STOMP BOXES?

Oh & BTW, if any of this stuff breaks and or glitches on ya, don't worry, be patient, just drop back in later after someone from BL fixes it.

I have NEVER had a lasting problem with Bandlab Studio running on my Windows or Mac computers. The biggest problem I have ever had with BL where I had to intervene to fix was with my iPhone not getting a proper update. But all I had to do was trash my current installation and go to the Apple App Store & reinstall it from there. 

In about 5 seconds after logging back into my Bandlab account, EVERYTHING was still there exactly how I left off.

Edited by Steev
insert link

1 hour ago, Steev said:

I experience unpredictable latency problems & timeouts while try to record directly into it at certain times of the day..  I can only conclude & assume of these latency problems are caused by my local ISP's annoying habit of throttling back speeds anywhere from an "advertised" 300 mb/s, actual high-speeds topping out @  125-225 mb/s to a low-end side of 80-90 mb/s (speed tested/measured & calculated from my Netgear Nighthawk router) when local Internet traffic is high here in Binghamton, NY.

that could be traffic issues server-side...

glad you're having fun! :)

On 4/1/2024 at 12:13 PM, pwal³ said:

that could be traffic issues server-side...

glad you're having fun! :)

Thanks much @pwal, I am indeed having MUCH FUN! Just as some people have fun trying out new DAW's and various other types of software, I have fun jamming, making & producing music. As far as I'm concerned, a DAW is nothing more than a "box of tools" that helps me reach my goals of 'MAKING MUSIC", and if it ain't broken I see no reason to fix or replace it. Being I already pretty much KNOW what I can do & how far I can abuse my DAW before pushing it too hard it crashes & burns, I'll quickly get bored watching it happen over and over. 🥱 Besides that all being counterproductive to innovation and to the very main reasons why I grown with and continue to love Cakewalk DAW, which I'm intimately familiar with, as opposed to being "fickly" intimate with too many, aimlessly jump'in and runn'in around with several DAW's just to see 'if' & 'what' they can do better or even do what CbB and what I already have can do that I want and need and want it to do.

And I've narrowed that down to a very short list, and Cubase, Mix Craft, Studio ONE, Ableton, Logic Pro, Larry, Moe, & Curly have all been checked off the list. The one and only DAW left on the list that can compete with to replace CbB that I look forward to is the new future release of SONAR! 🤣 And if we have some problems and glitches with it after release, which I'm fully aware can happen and even expect to, I can always revert back to my favorite tried, true, rock solid, trusty, STILL ALIVE & WELL 'backup' DAW, which is the last version release of SONAR Platinum 2018 so I'm not very worried. Being I don't abuse my tools, CbB has only given me critical problems ONCE. And that's only because, for any number of reasons an "Update" failed to complete installation. And when I rebooted my computer to complete installation, WINDOWS failed to boot, causing and forcing me into my "STEP AWAY FROM THE COMPUTER" Mode, which lasted a day.

The next morning after I calmed down for a near miss emotional meltdown reaction, I booted Win 10 up in "Save Mode" went in my "Boot Records" Folder, selected and scheduled a systems rollback to one day before I updated CbB, and BAMB! In less than an hour later I was up & running like nothing ever happened.😅 And I decided to go into my; "Update? I don't NEED no STINK'in UPDATE!" MODE and stayed that way until Bandlab issued another newer update. I don't like to fall too far behind, but hey........ If it ain't broke, DON'T FIX IT!"

And yes indeed there have been issues on the server side of Bandlab, but they are easily detectable because they come with a standard auto popup window/page stating, "Sorry we are having technical issues, please try again later." And the Bandlab Support team jumps to it and solves it issues in record time.

But I can run & use Netgear's "Speed Test" software to measure bandwidth at my cable modem & have set my schedule for when my ISP throttles back on "peak hour" traffic bandwidth. VERY reliable 7-day averages, easy to forecast WHEN to do WHAT. Only subject to change with Holiday schedules, severe weather conditions, and maintenance of hardware/software updates and repair.

Edited by Steev
  • Like 2