Sonar hangs using Melodyne timeline

Has anyone had a problem with hangs if after creating a region fx, you try to set a loop region using the Melodyne timeline rather than Sonar's? I have to kill/restart Sonar every time. 

It's not a true hang, CPU varies  between 6 and 8% and mem utilization fluctuates. I created a dump file but it's 13gb. 

• Sad 1

I have had Melodyne cause several lockups. It is a recommended procedure to bounce your clips after you have edited a region with Melodyne. I always bounce as soon as I finish with a region. Also, I do not do too large of a region. Usually  one phrase or les. It would be about 4-8 measures. 

yes! if i set a loop region in melodyne, the project freezes. if i set the loop region in cakewalks timeline no issues. ive been having some wierd stuff vst happening lately and figured it was just me after updating to latest cakewalk.  i am using latest cakewalk and melodyne studio 5. So i only use the cakewalk timeline to work around this. 

5 hours ago, Max Arwood said:

I have had Melodyne cause several lockups. It is a recommended procedure to bounce your clips after you have edited a region with Melodyne. I always bounce as soon as I finish with a region. Also, I do not do too large of a region. Usually  one phrase or les. It would be about 4-8 measures. 

Yes, that's been my practice for a long time, thanks!

38 minutes ago, treesha said:

yes! if i set a loop region in melodyne, the project freezes. if i set the loop region in cakewalks timeline no issues. ive been having some wierd stuff vst happening lately and figured it was just me after updating to latest cakewalk.  i am using latest cakewalk and melodyne studio 5. So i only use the cakewalk timeline to work around this. 

Same here, Melodyne 5. I guess I saw it a few times in CbB but it happens very  consistently in Sonar if creating a loop region with Melodyne is the first thing you do after creating the region fx.

Thanks!

• Like 1