In New Sonar... what does this button do?

It means if you do any singing into the daw while recording a midi track the singing will be recorded onto the midi track aswell as the midi information,

I assume the singing will be in midi also, which is amazing seeing as midi stands for "musical instrument digital interface" and has nothing to do with singing.

?

3 hours ago, Mr No Name said:

It means if you do any singing into the daw while recording a midi track the singing will be recorded onto the midi track aswell as the midi information,

I assume the singing will be in midi also, which is amazing seeing as midi stands for "musical instrument digital interface" and has nothing to do with singing.

?

It's got nothing to do with singing. Where did you get this from?

Have you not seen this new thing where Barry who can't sing to save his life, now can sing over his songs, out of tune, presses a button, 30 seconds later he sounds like Barbara Streisand. There you go,  et voila.

When Live Articulations are active on a track, any MIDI Transform articulations at the current Now Time will be applied to live MIDI input.

This is useful for auditioning, and overdubbing on existing MIDI tracks with articulations.

MIDI Trigger based articulations (i.e. key-switches) are not affected by this button.  When the transport is running, they'll be sent out as usual - when the transport is stopped, they can be applied by clicking on the articulation section itself.

• Like 2

here you are folks, just incase you thought I was totally crackers.

He says it's done by "AI" but it seems to me to be voice activated MIDI, which is a nice invention.

another 3 years it will be in every DAW (maybe)

Someone seems to be on the case inventing a similar idea where you can hum your music into a daw and turn it into music via MIDI, like a reverse Shazam. Interesting stuff.

https://vochlea.com

Produce entire songs using your voice

Dubler 2 turns your voice into a real-time MIDI controller, letting you create music you dream of. Sing, beatbox, hum or whistle your ideas and Dubler 2 will translate them into MIDI notes, allowing you to write music at the speed of thought.

On 3/25/2024 at 2:27 PM, David Baay said:

If you're playing along on a MIDI controller with the transport running to rehearse or record a part, having that enabled will apply any articulations you've added to the live MIDI input in real time.

Thank you for the explanation.

On 3/26/2024 at 12:22 PM, msmcleod said:

When Live Articulations are active on a track, any MIDI Transform articulations at the current Now Time will be applied to live MIDI input.

This is useful for auditioning, and overdubbing on existing MIDI tracks with articulations.

MIDI Trigger based articulations (i.e. key-switches) are not affected by this button.  When the transport is running, they'll be sent out as usual - when the transport is stopped, they can be applied by clicking on the articulation section itself.

Thank you @msmcleod for the detailed explanation  👍

14 hours ago, Mr No Name said:

Someone seems to be on the case inventing a similar idea where you can hum your music into a daw and turn it into music via MIDI, like a reverse Shazam. Interesting stuff.

https://vochlea.com

Produce entire songs using your voice

Dubler 2 turns your voice into a real-time MIDI controller, letting you create music you dream of. Sing, beatbox, hum or whistle your ideas and Dubler 2 will translate them into MIDI notes, allowing you to write music at the speed of thought.

interesting stuff... 

• Thanks 1