Bandlab Membership - Does it include Sonar?

Stephen Power

Question

There seems to be a lot of confusion in some Facebook Cakewalk groups, and in YouTube comments about the pricing of Sonar and/or Bandlab membership.

There is a growing view that the Bandlab membership fee ($14.95) is the price to pay for the full version of Sonar, when it is released. My view is that this is the price for Bandlab membership, but that it does not include the use of the full version of Sonar.

But, it's really not clear from information on the flashscreen of Sonar via 'Backstage Pass', which say...'Unlock Cakewalk Sonar with Bandlab Membership'

Also, if I buy Bandlab membership, does this 'unlock' Sonar to the extent that it will save projects (currently not allowed when using Backstage Pass) and will it stay unlocked at the price of $14.95 when the full version is finally released.

It would be great if someone at Bandlab/Cakewalk Sonar could clarify this, please.

Something seems to have seriously gone off the rails here, it might be a phase of the moon thing?

Wookie, you surely must know John from all those years back on the old forums right through to present time on these new forums? I would find it hard to believe if it was not so. He has had a few issues with the way things have gone with Cakewalk Sonar and Cakewalk Next, which it seems have given him a different perspective lets say. But he has been for as long as I have 'known' him, as much as one can know someone by just observing them on a forum, been one of the most helpful, Cakewalk/SONAR/Sonar/Next, (well not Next so much due to issues he has come across) pro people on Cakewalk forums, and that's been a long time, years before these forums and CbB.

When I read some of this it was like entering some alternate reality, I thought surely you must know this, and by some of your comments it seems you don't. He has just hit a little speed bump, and not to use to strong a language, become a little despondent, disheartened, He is most certainly one of the good guys, just having a down moment.

[Edit] and as it seems you are misunderstanding what he has said and is doing, he hasn't been demoing all these DAW's for years, it's just basically now he is speaking of I believe, his feet have been and are completely, firmly planted in the Cakewalk universe, I find it difficult to grasp you aren't aware of this.

Apologies to anyone if it is myself who has misunderstood, I am on some heavy pain relief meds, so I accept my wrong doing if so.

Edited by Heath Row
  • Like 4

@Heath Row, again it appears that only some people are allowed to express an opinion! Other are not, is that correct. 

Consequently if you and him can have your opinion, does that not mean I can not?

A little speed bump? His very first video on Cakewalk Sonar was not what one would call positive. 

1 hour ago, Wookiee said:

His very first video on Cakewalk Sonar was not what one would call positive

I don't know, if you are talking about the 'How much will it cost' video, I seen that yesterday, if that's it I think you got to lighten up dude, if that's not the video, give us the link. As to being 'positive' surely everything doesn't have to be positive? Cakewalk/Sonar aren't perfect you know, and have never been, and never will be, and therefore you will get things that aren't positive. Surely you don't only except positive here?

FFS losen up dude.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Heath Row said:

I don't know, if you are talking about the 'How much will it cost

FFS losen up dude.

In correct much earlier when it was announced as a public BETA, in effect he breached the NDA.

I am also most certainly not your dude. I have no need to lighten or lossen up, you however need to accept my opinion is not yours. I have no intention of forcing mine on you, then I ask you don't force yours on me. As you say lighten up with your unnecessary attacks. Your previous name stunt has not been forgotten. 

Not defending anything, just clarifying information as I understand it.

But you @John Vere do like to present the negative, raise your dislikes, I don't think I have seen a truly positive  post from you. It has even been suggested that you could not be what you appear. 

If you have been using CbB since April 2018 then you have been demoing Cakewalk Sonar for the last 6 years, if you can't see that then I can't help you. The main difference between CbB and Cakewalk Sonar is at present the method used to generate the  GUI. 

What Cakewalk Sonar will bring when they offer it standalone we just have to wait and see. Hopefully it will offer much of what it used to offer pre it's current implementation. 

If you have truly been demoing 10 leading DAW's, for years it appears, why not settle on one, or two, and get on with the whole point of owning a DAW, making music yourself, with others, or helping others capture their music. Rather than spending time being critical of a company you mainly appear to dislike. 

I settled on Cakewalk software 32 years ago, having tried several others, before and in-between, but returning to Cakewalk because it did all I needed to make the music I enjoy.

• Like 1
  • Meh 1