Roland announces RD-08 Stage Piano

satya

https://www.roland.com/global/products/rd-08/

Roland has announced a new entry-level model in the long-running RD series of stage pianos for performing musicians. Roland’s most affordable RD to date, the RD-08 delivers no-compromise sound and playability for professional gigging, along with versatile sounds, an intuitive interface, and onboard stereo speakers for self-contained operation. And with the upgradeable design, users can add even more sounds and features as needs evolve.

Available exclusively on Roland Cloud, the RD-08 Upgrade enhances the factory features with the SuperNATURAL Acoustic Piano 3 expansion, Apple MainStage support, Roland Cloud sound expansion options, additional USB capabilities, and more.

The Roland RD-08 Stage Piano is now available in the U.S. for $999.99 USD.

image.png.f1f54463fdf442029b377f096d90ff50.png

Interesting. Got the physically identical RD-88 which sells for under $1200 with the so-called Upgrade included. So musical hardware is going the route of premium cars with in-app purchases to boost the engine…

• Like 1

I have the RD-88 as well, love that is only 30 lbs! This new version looks "upgradable" for mo sounds / mo money? 

The blurb sayeth:

"The friendly weight and streamlined dimensions make it easy to move, while the rugged build will hold up to years of heavy use. Built-in stereo speakers project rich, room-filling sound, eliminating the need for an external amplifier . . ."

Ok, please know the case / outer shell of the instrument is all plastic. So would it last "years" of heavy use? Well, "years" is technically 2 years. Maybe.

As for the rich, room-filling sound?  Technically, yes, if the room is the walk-in closet.

I actually love my RD-88, plays great, onboard sounds are quite good, and a breeze to transport with the light back-saving weight.

25 minutes ago, PhonoBrainer said:

I have the RD-88 as well, love that is only 30 lbs! This new version looks "upgradable" for mo sounds / mo money? 

The blurb sayeth:

"The friendly weight and streamlined dimensions make it easy to move, while the rugged build will hold up to years of heavy use. Built-in stereo speakers project rich, room-filling sound, eliminating the need for an external amplifier . . ."

Ok, please know the case / outer shell of the instrument is all plastic. So would it last "years" of heavy use? Well, "years" is technically 2 years. Maybe.

As for the rich, room-filling sound?  Technically, yes, if the room is the walk-in closet.

I actually love my RD-88, plays great, onboard sounds are quite good, and a breeze to transport with the light back-saving weight.

Yep, got two of them for that very reason. 

• Like 1