Cakewalk auto plays after pressing W

Paul Gibbs

Question

Hey all. New here, but been using Cakewalk for 20+ years. But this has me stumped. Just installed CbB on a new machine, all working fine. Except with my previous installation on the old machine, pressing W would rewind and stop. Now, on the new installation, it  rewinds and starts playing by itself. I can't seem to find the difference in any settings that would cause this. Any suggestions?

Edited by Paul Gibbs

4 answers to this question

2 hours ago, Paul Gibbs said:

pressing W would rewind and stop. Now, on the new installation, it  rewinds and starts playing by itself. I can't seem to find the difference in any settings that would cause this. Any suggestions?

I have never had that happen.

One thing that springs to mind is that something may be borked in the key bindings.

What you might want to try is head to Preferences - Customisation - Keyboard Shortcuts (Advanced).  Export your current keybindings.  Then Zap All.

If this does not fix it, then import your saved keybindings.

One thing to remember is that each workspace can load their own keybindings in case you’re using workspaces.

Other users might have other suggestions.

10 hours ago, Paul Gibbs said:

. . . been using Cakewalk for 20+ years . . . with my previous installation on the old machine, pressing W would rewind and stop. Now, on the new installation, it  rewinds and starts playing by itself. I can't seem to find the difference in any settings that would cause this. Any suggestions?

The function/default behavior of W changed a few years ago and an option was added so people could change it back to what it used to be before the change: 

6 hours ago, David Baay said:

Options > Click Behavior > Transport Seeking Stops Playback

Edited by User 905133
to add a quote with the solution