Want to do developers and plugin shops a small favour? (not a deal)

Lamia6

Just something I have been noticing quite a bit the past couple months. When going to look in my emails, there seems to be lots more developers and plugin shops emails going directly to the spam folder. I know from being involved with websites myself that the rules have changed, mostly that the big providers now require sites be fully DMARC certified. But some even with that still are going to "spam" or bulk mail folders. This causes those mails to unlikely be read and deleted automatically after 30 days, and their campaigns and messages are not getting through.

It is just a small thing to do, if you want to simply check that folder out and any legit messages from those shops and developers, make sure to check those messages as not spam. It helps the email provider determine the emails from the companies are actually legit so they quit filtering them as spam, and helps the companies out making sure the messages get through to the appropriate inboxes. It doesn't cost anything to do this, and helps out a lot more than you know.

• Like 3

Honestly, I do not see a reason to subscribe to manufacturer / shop newsletter as there are forums like the one right here. And on the other hand, I'm still getting stuff which is unsolicited and therefore plainly illegal from some of these nice and sweet fellows. The whole marketing landscape is hostile towards consumers. Simple as that. 

Let me put it this way: As long as there are philosophies around preaching "if you double your spam from 50000 to 100000 this will likely double your conversions", the behaviour displayed by PA, iZotope, Avid and the likes just feels wrong, and I am happy to filter the stuff and make life harder for my adversaries who want money in the end. Marketing departments are not friends and family. 

There are, however, some (mainly smaller) companies that have a different, content-centric approach to mailings: dSoniq come to mind, TBProAudio, Hofa, just to name a few. 

I have a dedicated email address for all of my music-related stuff.  Keeps my main email mostly spam free :) 

But even with my dedicated email for music stuff, there’s certain devs/companies that email waaaay too much.  In those cases, they are insta-unsubscribed.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Lionel said:

But even with my dedicated email for music stuff, there’s certain devs/companies that email waaaay too much.  In those cases, they are insta-unsubscribed.

I have been noticing that too. It is quite amazing to see that there are some developers who are sending out an emailer daily, without fail. 

Edited by Kal S
  • Like 1