Question about upcoming new Cakewalk Sonar

I still use Sonar Platinum as I especially like some of the features, and I had purchased the lifetime ownership option.  I'm excited to see that you will be coming out with a Cakewalk Sonar version.

I'm wondering if your new Sonar will include some of the features that I regularly use, especially to improve my weak vocals.  These would include the X64 Vocal Strip, and Region FX for easy incorporation of Melodyne.

Thanks, and keep up the good work,

Don Coyne

16 minutes ago, dscoyne said:

I'm wondering if your new Sonar will include some of the features that I regularly use, especially to improve my weak vocals.  These would include the X64 Vocal Strip, and Region FX for easy incorporation of Melodyne.

Time will tell, but you may be interested to know that the VX-64 vocal strip is available in Cakewalk now. See this video from Creative Sauce has he explains how to enable it. I'm sure it will also be available in the coming Sonar.

RegionFX is also a feature of Cakewalk (CbB) now, and I would be astounded if it were omitted from the new Sonar.

• Like 1

Cakewalk by Bandlab is Sonar Platinum! Didn’t you ever realize that? And the new Sonar is just the latest version of Cakewalk by Bandlab. 
And paid or not,  we all got free updates up until now. You didn’t if you ignored what was going on and stayed with Splat. 

The vocal strip is found in plug in manager under Excluded. I think they  chose this because it’s old  so is use at own risk. Seems to work fine last time I tried it. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, John Vere said:

Cakewalk by Bandlab is Sonar Platinum! Didn’t you ever realize that? And the new Sonar is just the latest version of Cakewalk by Bandlab. 
And paid or not,  we all got free updates up until now. You didn’t if you ignored what was going on and stayed with Splat. 

The vocal strip is found in plug in manager under Excluded. I think they  chose this because it’s old  so is use at own risk. Seems to work fine last time I tried it. 

VX64 (and PX64) were both hidden/excluded due to instability issues. This may be resoved when the new Sonar is released.

• Like 2