Best way to add a plug-in

When I want to insert a plug-in, I have them organized in the plug-in manager either by category. When I right click insert audio fx, sometimes I have to go back and forth between category and type to get the one I want. If I try to drag one in from the browser that seems to be a different set of categories, different from what I've created in the plug-in manager. Is there a way to get those two to be the same? Or to add more plugins to the browser? I'm just trying to find the most efficient way, getting prepared for the new sonar and new inspiration. Thanks

May be this is what you want:

• Go to Plugin Manager
  • Save (or select if you already did that) a Layout File
  • Close
  • Go to the plugin tab in the Browser Tab (on the right)
  • Click on Plugins
  • Select the same Layout File 

It should show your plugins in the same way as you saved in the plugin Manager

See pics -

Screenshot_1.png

Screenshot_2.png

I think yr right Andres but I can't navigate to the same folder in the browser as in the plug-in manager.  I follow the same folder tree the plug-in manager uses but it's not there. I think either the file folder is hidden or there may be a way to add the folder, I'll check Scott Garigus' old Sonar book. 

• Like 1

Andres thank you for being persistent with this. I figured it out, when you go to plugins in the browser there's a little downward facing arrow after the word plugins and then you can choose the layout. That's why it wasn't matching the layout I had saved in the plug-in manager in utilities and I found myself having to go back and forth between category and manufacturer sometimes to find the right one. It's trivial but it's laborious and those little things add up in the long run. Now I haven't even better set up, it's organized by category in the utilities plug-in manager and by manufacturer in the browser layout so I can much more quickly go between the two. Thank you again!

• Like 1

I pretty much always use the plugin browser search nowadays, typing in 3 or 4 characters of the plugin name usually narrows it down to a small enough list for me to spot it and drag it in... and I've got nearly 2000 plugins on one of my machines.

• Like 2

On 2/21/2024 at 8:45 PM, msmcleod said:

I pretty much always use the plugin browser search nowadays, typing in 3 or 4 characters of the plugin name usually narrows it down to a small enough list for me to spot it and drag it in... and I've got nearly 2000 plugins on one of my machines.

Two thousand! I'm impressed you can remember which one to search for. 🙂